Micah Richards

LoveCity said:
worsleyweb said:
80k a week for 5 years - can play 25 games a season shared with zabba. He should bite our hands off.

That would be 20 million wages.

Never underestimate the greed of modern footballers.

While it will be hard to see an academy player go, I think new ones will appear soon (Lopes is likely, Huws is a maybe, and we have endless excellent talents in the academy) to soften the blow.

And Zabaleta is approaching 30 and it's ridiculous the load placed on his shoulders because Micah either is injured or looks poor when playing.

Clyne, Coleman... there are some good 'homegrown' right-back options. Maybe even Trippier, who has 13 assists in the Championship this season and has been linked with Arsenal again. Or we could look abroad again and find plenty of good talents.
Is Seamus Coleman homegrown? He started his career at Sligo Rovers.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
City have offered him close to £80k a week but Micah left that deal on the table since last summer.

He wanted to see his position in the team and what else might be out there for him.

He also knows he is in a stronger position to lower his asking price, with 12 months remaining on his contract. Oldham also have a 20 per cent sell-on clause.

Believe it has got to the stage where it suits both parties to go separate ways, although Micah will struggle to get that type of money anywhere else, even with 12 months left.

I believe Micah holding out for more actually is a side effect of the Homegrown rules for the Champions League and Premier League as Micah knows he has considerable value to us as he is one of very few club trained Homegrown players we have.

It could be as a result of these rules we end up with highly paid but not that good players having a place in our squad due to the fact they give us another body in the Champions league squad.

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City have offered him close to £80k a week but Micah left that deal on the table since last summer.

He wanted to see his position in the team and what else might be out there for him.

He also knows he is in a stronger position to lower his asking price, with 12 months remaining on his contract. Oldham also have a 20 per cent sell-on clause.

Believe it has got to the stage where it suits both parties to go separate ways, although Micah will struggle to get that type of money anywhere else, even with 12 months left.

I believe Micah holding out for more actually is a side effect of the Homegrown rules for the Champions League and Premier League as Micah knows he has considerable value to us as he is one of very few club trained Homegrown players we have.

It could be as a result of these rules we end up with highly paid but not that good players having a place in our squad due to the fact they give us another body in the Champions league squad.

Surely it can't just be down to money ?

How could he possibly be sure he will get a better offer ? From who ? Even if he did get a better offer, how much more could it possibly be ? Not that much better surely.

If he's not signing, imo there must be more considerations than purely the money.

It's clearly not about wanting more money, if it was he would have signed with us. He ain't gonna get any better from another team. He wants first team football. We need to keep players like this who were there when we were shit and come through the academy. Sad to see him go proper blue an a great player when fit

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
It's clearly not about wanting more money, if it was he would have signed with us. He ain't gonna get any better from another team. He wants first team football. We need to keep players like this who were there when we were shit and come through the academy. Sad to see him go proper blue an a great player when fit

If he could manage to stay fit for more than 5 minutes I'm sure he'd get plenty of first team football.

tornandfrayed said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

If he could manage to stay fit for more than 5 minutes I'm sure he'd get plenty of first team football.

I love Micah and wish my most recent memory of him wasn't the way he destroyed ManUre at Old Trafford in our 6-1 win; would love to see him find his place in our defence or midfield, but it may not come to be..

MCFCinUSA said:
would love to see him find his place in our defence or midfield, but it may not come to be..

301.gif

MCFCinUSA said:
tornandfrayed said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I love Micah and wish my most recent memory of him wasn't the way he destroyed ManUre at Old Trafford in our 6-1 win; would love to see him find his place in our defence or midfield, but it may not come to be..

Love Micah to bits but he'll never have the football intelligence to play anywhere in midfield.

quiet_riot said:
MCFCinUSA said:
would love to see him find his place in our defence or midfield, but it may not come to be..

301.gif

ehehehe

okay, okay.. I'm using a little artistic license here (a bit like the 'Why Damo Quit' video) but Micah has a physical presence and can put himself about, both defensively and offensively & he's still got plenty of oats to sew

;o)

(so I'm taking an optimistic forward-looking outlook)

MCFCinUSA said:
quiet_riot said:
MCFCinUSA said:

301.gif

ehehehe

okay, okay.. I'm using a little artistic license here (a bit like the 'Why Damo Quit' video) but Micah has a physical presence and can put himself about, both defensively and offensively & he's still got plenty of oats to sew

;o)

(so I'm taking an optimistic forward-looking outlook)

Physical presence yes, but ball control, passing and tackling skills required for midfield also!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.