Micah Richards

Nice lad but he's not got an ounce of a footballing brain in him. Even his own teammates did their best to completely ignore him today.

The fact that he started in front of Zaba suggests that Pellegrini thought today would be a walk in the park. When I saw him I just thought of his injury time handball 3 years ago in this fixture.

kramer said:
uncle fester said:
I posted on another Richards thread through the week where I said his positional sense, concentration and awareness of what was happening in the game wasn't very good and got told I knew fuck all about football, barnstorming runs etc etc

There was one incident today when Navas was trying to cover two attackers - rightly closing the man with the ball - with Richards stood behind him pointing to go to the spare man as well!

A likeable guy but dosnt seem to have the dedication required in putting in all the work over and above the bare minimum that makes a decent player a good one

Spot on analysis

Agreed. It's mind boggling that fans can see this and so called top managers can't.

He still wanting that new contract? Cos he ain't doing much to deserve it right now with his poor performance/always injured combo.

MC ID said:
He still wanting that new contract? Cos he ain't doing much to deserve it right now with his poor performance/always injured combo.

We have already spunked god knows how many millions giving clichy a new contract. Time to sell while we can still get some money for him.

I got tonnes of shit for suggesting city debated selling him on in the summer. He was close to going I will stick by that. Unfortunately he has regressed massively. He talks about ten more years and a new contract.

He wants to try ten good games.

worsleyweb said:
I got tonnes of shit for suggesting city debated selling him on in the summer. He was close to going I will stick by that. Unfortunately he has regressed massively. He talks about ten more years and a new contract.

He didn't even have ten good minutes today.

I hope we cash in on him in January.

Neither Zabaleta or Richards know what to do with Navas playing in front of them. They all want to occupy the same attacking space. Navas always goes on the outside. Always. Richards best attributes are his pace and power on the overlap. Seriously, what do you expect him to do? Jump on his back?

djimaldblue said:
worsleyweb said:

He didn't even have ten good minutes today.

I hope we cash in on him in January.
He was ineffective today and I do think he's too injury prone to take up a well paid slot in the squad. To be fair though he made a lot of runs today and was ignored on several occasions, his major asset is running with the ball and using his strength.
Get rid and bring in Wabara as Pab's backup, cheaper and less prone to injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.