Micah..

Didsbury Dave said:
It isn't just his persona, although I suspect that's part of it.

It's partly the fact that he's home-grown.

City fans love to get on the backs of our home-grown players.

From Joe Corrigan, Paul Power and Steve Kinsey, through Richard Edgehill, to more recently Ireland, SWP and particularly Micah Richards.

I don't know why we do it. It's like a cancer at the club. There tends to be one main recipient of it, though. At the moment it's Micah Richards - despite the fact that he's one of the best youngsters the club has brought through in years. Last year it was Ireland.

I haven't seen the penalty incident but I've been delighted with the way he's played in the games I've seen this year. It only take one incident with some of our fans, though, and the vitriol and cliches start.
If your delighted with Richards you must watch the game in Braille,He got mullered against Spurs and was poor for the penalty Sunday.RB is no way his position,he's a better CB,he wont get near when Boateng is fit
Appologies if you didn't see the Spurs game either

Sounds a right load bollox to me John, if a players been dropped by his international and club manager then it's time to start thinking somethings amiss. If you personally were on the other end of the stick when biggin him up then perhaps your words are laced with embarassment at how easilly fooled some sections of supporters are. Him kopping flack for some of his performances is hardly a unique situation even in this current team, if Given gets the gloves back and refuses to come off his line then it's a knocking bet folk will start up about it, especially if it costs us and i ain't seen him spinning any discs recently. And if Mancini keeps faith with him and he flatly refuses to come of his line to collect.. then the shouts wont go away.

Pete, him being 24 months better in 2 yrs time is not exactly a foregone conclusion, him being caught out of position too often.. is.

Had high hopes for Micah a few years back...now he's just a liability. He constantly loses concentration, gets caught out of position, is clumsy in the challenge....and he doesn't look that great going forward either.

I just hope Boateng is back after this International break....

Colins Bellend said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It isn't just his persona, although I suspect that's part of it.

It's partly the fact that he's home-grown.

City fans love to get on the backs of our home-grown players.

From Joe Corrigan, Paul Power and Steve Kinsey, through Richard Edgehill, to more recently Ireland, SWP and particularly Micah Richards.

I don't know why we do it. It's like a cancer at the club. There tends to be one main recipient of it, though. At the moment it's Micah Richards - despite the fact that he's one of the best youngsters the club has brought through in years. Last year it was Ireland.

I haven't seen the penalty incident but I've been delighted with the way he's played in the games I've seen this year. It only take one incident with some of our fans, though, and the vitriol and cliches start.
If your delighted with Richards you must watch the game in Braille,He got mullered against Spurs and was poor for the penalty Sunday.RB is no way his position,he's a better CB,he wont get near when Boateng is fit

I did see the Spurs game. He gave the ball away a few times early on but then settled and had a decent game. Lescott was much the same against Liverpool.

He does make occasional mistakes and I acknowledge that if we are to have any chance of a tilt at the title we can't afford error prone players. You get players who are strong and you get players who are quick but you very rarely get players who are both. He is. I wouldnt' be surprised if he ended up at centre half.

I don't mind you and the likes of gio making constructive comments like this, that's what the forum's for. And if Boateng's back he may well be first choice. I haven't seen enough of him yet to know for sure.

But I think people are looking at Richards far too closely and waiting for him to make errors. And I can't stand the mindless abuse, usually containing the phrases "fat arse", "brain dead" and "bling". He'd be in my team ahead of Zabaleta any day. Zabaleta has a slim arse but he can't run so he gets done by pacy fullbacks, or brings them down.

Didsbury Dave said:
Colins Bellend said:

I did see the Spurs game. He gave the ball away a few times early on but then settled and had a decent game. Lescott was much the same against Liverpool.

He does make occasional mistakes and I acknowledge that if we are to have any chance of a tilt at the title we can't afford error prone players. You get players who are strong and you get players who are quick but you very rarely get players who are both. He is. I wouldnt' be surprised if he ended up at centre half.

I don't mind you and the likes of gio making constructive comments like this, that's what the forum's for. And if Boateng's back he may well be first choice. I haven't seen enough of him yet to know for sure.

But I think people are looking at Richards far too closely and waiting for him to make errors. And I can't stand the mindless abuse, usually containing the phrases "fat arse", "brain dead" and "bling". He'd be in my team ahead of Zabaleta any day. Zabaleta has a slim arse but he can't run so he gets done by pacy fullbacks, or brings them down.

You are right to point out the phrase I over use about him being 'brain dead' and can see why that would be perceived as abusive certainly. I just have a bit of an agenda against 'dozy' footballers. I used to make the same point about Dunne (I loved his attitude, but hated his 'ill switch off for 10 minutes'). You are also right about particular players being highlighted more than others. A good example of this, would be, if it had of been Jo who missed that chance on Sunday, there would have been a lot more abuse thrown around on here, than Tevez for example.

I hereby change the term 'brain dead', to 'the brains of a rocking horse'. :-)

'Settled down and had a decent game'....he had his team-mate screaming at him 2/3's into the second half....i can't be arsed running through the scenario because there ain't a spin in the world that is capable of making it look bonny. It was schoolboy shit.

Fat Chance said:

'Settled down and had a decent game'....he had his team-mate screaming at him 2/3's into the second half....i can't be arsed running through the scenario because there ain't a spin in the world that is capable of making it look bonny. It was schoolboy shit.

They all get screamed at from time to time.

I've said my piece. I think he can play, I think he can improve and I think he has a big future.

And I think he gets victimized.

He is only there because Boeteng is injured. Further evidence was provided on Sunday as to why this is the case. There is no point whinging about this fact because he is 'one of ours'. Look at Dunney. Is he really the miss that many on here predicted? Micah is decent at RB imo but we need better than 'decent' with our aspirations.

Didsbury Dave said:
Fat Chance said:

I've said my piece. I think he can play, I think he can improve and I think he has a big future.

Like i said.. there ain't a spin capable of dressing that kind of shit.

Fat Chance said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Like i said.. there ain't a spin capable of dressing that kind of shit.

So his teammate shouted at him so he should be left out the team?

Like I said...victimized.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.