Micah..

Just had a look at the extended highlights on the os and wondered why Micah had to yell at his team mates and acted like it's someone else's fault but not his!

He'll never improve, he has no technical ability at all and to say he's not got a footballing brain is an understatement, we should not hound individuals but we all want whats best for the club n with him in the team ive no confidence at all.

Why does he do that daft attempt at a tackle when an attacking player is in our area he proceeds to throw himself headfirst across there chest while grabbing there shirt, he's got away with it a few times in the last 5/6 games ?

Cannot believe Nedum was shipped out n we kept this guy at all, I work with a bloke who was Neds spanish tutor up until last April n he reckons he was absolutely devastated to be loaned out, not surprised considering.

Des said:
He'll never improve, he has no technical ability at all and to say he's not got a footballing brain is an understatement, we should not hound individuals but we all want whats best for the club n with him in the team ive no confidence at all.

Why does he do that daft attempt at a tackle when an attacking player is in our area he proceeds to throw himself headfirst across there chest while grabbing there shirt, he's got away with it a few times in the last 5/6 games ?

Cannot believe Nedum was shipped out n we kept this guy at all, I work with a bloke who was Neds spanish tutor up until last April n he reckons he was absolutely devastated to be loaned out, not surprised considering.

Well Ned should learn to keep his fucking gob shut then!!

Ned was shipped out because he slagged the boss off. On another point if you look at the replay of the goal you can see Kolo pointing to Bent as if to say to Richards you pick him up I will take the other player. That said I still dont know whether there was enough contact for Bent to fall down like he had been shot.

Here is a fact. It will be denied by many. It won't apply to some. But, imo, it certainly applies to a huge percentage of people who spout venom at Richards.

Micah Richards is not judged in the same manner as other players at City by many fans.

His mistakes are not just criticised by many people, they are leapt upon (almost, it seems, in delight) by a certain section of people who don't just criticise like they do with other player's similar mistakes, they spout pure venom about it.

I honestly believe that if Micah Richards, off the pitch, behaved, looked and had the public image of people like Adam Johnson or Nedum Onouha then a lot of the 'criticism' of him would be a lot more measured and considered and take much more account of the positives in his game and performances.

However, at the moment we have people on here (and at games) who seem to take delight on pouncing on any errors he makes, judging them in a totally different manner to errors made by other players and lose all perspective when talking about this kid.

This has been riling me for at least a season and despite trying to come up with other reasons, I can only conclude that for a large percentage of his critics, their perspective is completely clouded by the fact that they are uncomfortable with the player's persona.

Again, like I say, I don't expect anyone to admit this. I expect it to be ridiculed and shouted down. However, I guarantee that if the roles of Barry and Richards in the goal had been reversed then the balance of anger directed at the individual errors would be different. And there are loads of examples throughout the season where errors made by others are treated totally differently by certain people. And the same goes for positives and good performances too.

I'm all for considered and justified criticism of players, I haven't got any time for the "just get behind them 100% of the time" blinkered attitude. And Richards has deserved criticism at various points over the last two seasons, possibly, to some extent, including for the goal on Sunday. What he doesn't deserve is the delight that some of his critics take in not only slaughtering his game at every chance but also slaughtering his character, attitude and intelligence. Something they reserve exclusively for him and don't do with any other player.

It isn't on imo. I'm not a particular fan of his look, but it is ridiculous to let that cloud your judgement of a player and despite the flood of denials that you get regarding this, I refuse to believe that a large percentage of Richards' critics are not at least partly motivated by that.

It isn't just his persona, although I suspect that's part of it.

It's partly the fact that he's home-grown.

City fans love to get on the backs of our home-grown players.

From Joe Corrigan, Paul Power and Steve Kinsey, through Richard Edgehill, to more recently Ireland, SWP and particularly Micah Richards.

I don't know why we do it. It's like a cancer at the club. There tends to be one main recipient of it, though. At the moment it's Micah Richards - despite the fact that he's one of the best youngsters the club has brought through in years. Last year it was Ireland.

I haven't seen the penalty incident but I've been delighted with the way he's played in the games I've seen this year. It only take one incident with some of our fans, though, and the vitriol and cliches start.

Didsbury Dave said:

From Joe Corrigan, Paul Power and Steve Kinsey, through Richard Edgehill, to more recently Ireland, SWP and particularly Micah Richards.

I don't know why we do it. It's like a cancer at the club. There tends to be one main recipient of it, though. At the moment it's Micah Richards - despite the fact that he's one of the best youngsters the club has brought through in years. Last year it was Ireland.

I haven't seen the penalty incident but I've been delighted with the way he's played in the games I've seen this year. It only take one incident with some of our fans, though, and the vitriol and cliches start.
fact dave, we used to have a bloke sat behind us in the main stand at maine rd and we just called him "bloody hell edgehill". for four years thats how we referred to him. slated the lad.

i8rags said:
Didsbury Dave said:

fact dave, we used to have a bloke sat behind us in the main stand at maine rd and we just called him "bloody hell edgehill". for four years thats how we referred to him. slated the lad.

The name Richard Edgehill should send a shiver of guilt down the spine of every City fan.

Micah Richards is a vastly superior player to Edgehill but he's going the same way I think.

Didsbury Dave said:

Agree with a lot you post Dave, but not sure about this one. If there is some truth in there, it's far too generalised. From my particular perspective, I don't hold anything against our home grown players. Absolutely not. SWP was my favourite player at City when he came through the ranks. I also detested how much personal abuse Edgehill received. However, this issue with Richards is simple. Some might not like the bling, 'perceived big head', persona. I couldnt care less. Don't know the guy. I just judge him on his ability for City. At the level we are trying to aspire towards.

He is strong, committed, should score more from corners, however as I have stated on here before, there is a difference between skills and abilities. Skills, are things which can be learned, like, tackling, playing one touch/two touch football, heading, etc, however 'reading the game' using a football brain is an ability. Not all players have one. The majority don't. However, the majority are not brain dead when it comes down to it either. Some are far cleverer, i.e. the Alan Hansen type, who don't require pace, they know when to leave the ball, when to step up, they see a picture in front of them, they intercept, but most importantly, and there are better examples than Hansen, they DONT give away cheap free kicks. Why? Because they are smart. They know it takes more discipline and EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE to not go diving in. Arousal is high, its easy to think 'ill twat him', 'take him down', 'give him a nudge', much harder, to stand on your feet.

Richards has proved consistently, that he doesnt have the control or self discipline. Sunday was just another example in a long catalogue of these types of errors. Clumsy, lazy and idiotic challenges in the box. Switching off, ball watching. Its got nothing to do with him being a local lad. If anything, I would say the ultra defence of him by some on here, is based on him being a local lad. Much easier for some to criticise a foreign player. I'd love to be wrong, but Im not. It's a lack of ability. Not skill. And we can keep defending him, and he will keep doing the same thing.

For every storming run he makes, and shows improvement, and we all think 'go on micah, what potential', he will let us down with costly errors. At the top level, we need more if we are to succeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.