Micah..

Palerider said:
I honestly thought before the goal that Micah was having a good game. In fact up to taking Lescott off the whole defence played well. I'm prepared to give him time, working with Italians can only improve him defensively.
Yes, but how much time? We can't afford to be slow out of the blocks if we're serious about a top 4 spot. We had the chance to steal a march on Spurs yesterday, and we didn't take it. You can lay the blame on whoever you like (Silva, Barry or Richards). The fact is that Micah was the last man (surprised he didn't get a red card for it, TBH), and if he didn't allow Bent to get goalside of him the earlier mistakes by Barry and Silva in the build-up wouldn't have mattered in the greater scheme of things. We have to cut out those basic errors if we are going to achieve what we all want. I guess those defending Micah might also say that if Tevez had buried that sitter, the game may well have turned out differently. Very true, but that still wouldn't absolve the defence of maintaining concentration for the whole game. These late goals are becoming a real pain.

Fat Chance said:
Palerider said:
I honestly thought before the goal that Micah was having a good game. In fact up to taking Lescott off the whole defence played well. I'm prepared to give him time, working with Italians can only improve him defensively.

Thats half a fair comment Palerider, however i'd prefer not to have any fullbacks willing to sacrifice a winger crossing a ball into our penalty area simply cause they've switched feet. I doubt they're taught to do this, so i'd prefer they went on loan and did it for another club to see if they are over the moon with a paid fullback stood watching a winger ping balls into thier area. We should'nt be teaching 22 yr olds the basics of football in real time, least not on a regular basis.
how many crosses actually came in from micahs side compared to the opposite side,anyone know - and if we are going to analize every goal we conceded last season im sure we could probably find a player to blame for 80% of them lads

Watching a player cross a football inside of you if your a fullback is shit, it's still shit if the other fullback on the other side of the pitch is doing it, it's x 2, not halfed. Who in a blue shirt was to blame for Owens last minute strike Pete, was the any of the other fullbacks in the premier league to blame when Micah was having a breather with his hands on his knees whilst giggs made a list of who he fancied floating the ball over to. Wonder who taught him that trick?

I don't think you can grab a few mistakes that a kid has made, and then draw far reaching conclusions about the player.

Richards has played over 120 games for City and is still younger than Johnson. He IS going to make mistakes now and again, that's our cost.

The thing is, people look at players like Richards and think to themselves "wow, a player for free"! Unfortunately, what they forget is that Richards isn't free and these mistakes that he makes every now and again are our price for gaining a top class player in a few years. It isn't the £40 million that we would pay for a Maicon, but the value of a homegrown, English player is near priceless.

What we mustn't do, is jump on his back every time he does make a mistake and hound him out of the team. However, after 120 games in a team that is challenging for the top four, he needs to learn to shoulder the responsibilities of his own mistakes and come through the other side. Again, a problem is that he keeps making these mistakes in the late 80th or 90th minute. This means that it is probably down to concentration and worst of all, he doesn't have a chance to react on the pitch thus has no way of learning.

I think Viera's comments sum up Richards at present, but I still believe that we may well have one of the best wing backs with us in 5 years time if he displays the type of learning that he has in the last five. Richards of 2010 in a FAR, FAR better defender than Richards of 2005. Let's just hope that he continues his development to become as good as we hope he can be in 2015.

Damocles said:
I don't think you can grab a few mistakes that a kid has made, and then draw far reaching conclusions about the player.

Richards has played over 120 games for City and is still younger than Johnson. He IS going to make mistakes now and again, that's our cost.

The thing is, people look at players like Richards and think to themselves "wow, a player for free"! Unfortunately, what they forget is that Richards isn't free and these mistakes that he makes every now and again are our price for gaining a top class player in a few years. It isn't the £40 million that we would pay for a Maicon, but the value of a homegrown, English player is near priceless.

What we mustn't do, is jump on his back every time he does make a mistake and hound him out of the team. However, after 120 games in a team that is challenging for the top four, he needs to learn to shoulder the responsibilities of his own mistakes and come through the other side. Again, a problem is that he keeps making these mistakes in the late 80th or 90th minute. This means that it is probably down to concentration and worst of all, he doesn't have a chance to react on the pitch thus has no way of learning.

I think Viera's comments sum up Richards at present, but I still believe that we may well have one of the best wing backs with us in 5 years time if he displays the type of learning that he has in the last five. Richards of 2010 in a FAR, FAR better defender than Richards of 2005. Let's just hope that he continues his development to become as good as we hope he can be in 2015.

Another good post.

However, you seem to be unaware that we demand perfection and we demand it yesterday.

Look at the dogs abuse Tevez got on here after 1 relatively poor game yesterday.

I'd suggest that the constant moaners will never be happy and enjoy the opportunity to vent their little spleen at the drop of a hat.

blue jim said:
why exactly was nedum sent on loan and this clumsy buffoon kept??

Imagine Richards and Titus Bramble in the same team, it will be like the Chuckle Brothers Live Show.

Richards is the defensive walcott...

All the pace in the world, started in the center moved to the right with the thought of him eventually going back to the center, probably came into the game slightly too early.

Hopefully he clicks like walcott has done recently.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Damocles said:

I think you can...i think if you put a time served 22 yr old geezer in a factory and he regular starts cocking up nutnut fashion then pretty soon you'd get an elder herbert screaming 'what fuckin game on', not unlike Kolo a fortnight ago come to think of it. If the time served 22 yr old doesnt know why folk are screaming at him then somethings well pissed, he stood there looking at Kolo happy that the heat was'nt on him, not too disimilar to the fake injury when we were under the cosh. Once biten, fuck off Micah.

jimharri said:
Yes, but how much time? We can't afford to be slow out of the blocks if we're serious about a top 4 spot.

To be fair Jim, if we are serious about top 4, we can afford to take a little more time. If it were we are serious about top 2 then it's a different story.

So far so good. Micah ain't the greatest right back in the world, but he'll do for now. I stand by, it, he were bloody unlucky to give the pen away.

Fat Chance said:
Watching a player cross a football inside of you if your a fullback is shit, it's still shit if the other fullback on the other side of the pitch is doing it, it's x 2, not halfed. Who in a blue shirt was to blame for Owens last minute strike Pete, was the any of the other fullbacks in the premier league to blame when Micah was having a breather with his hands on his knees whilst giggs made a list of who he fancied floating the ball over to. Wonder who taught him that trick?
we conceded 45 pl goals last season and i know some were the fault of our players but none get the shite this kid gets, its fuckin unreal.we conceded goals last season when he was out for a number of games with injury, are you telling me every goal we conceded through this period wasnt through a mistake from one of our players - of course mistakes were made whilst micah was out but they escape the critcism that he receives - anyone know why.
look if the gaffer picks him,get behind him,another 2 yrs and micah is 2 yrs better and at 24 that would make him a very sought after english defender,do you think jonson from l/pool is any better,i pesonally dont think so - my opinion.
anyway i just think some of you want perfection every game - get real is doesnt happen like that and the singlin out of players(young)just isnt right.
anyway,whatever looks like micah cant win with some of you but good luck to the lad i say and hopefully he can prove his worth to city and have a long and succesful career with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.