Micah

I had high hopes for Hodgson when he took over, but his laughable bias in favour of his ex-Liverpool players borders on the bizarre.

In spite of the worst season for Liverpool for over 50 years, he's picked half of the team to represent England.

Even the dumping of Ferdinand and Carrick is strange given that they were regulars in the side that finished runners up and both playedpretty well come the back end of the season. Better than Parker and Jagielka? Of course.

How Richards and Johnson didn't get called up when Downing, Henderson, Johnson and Kelly did beggars belief.

Hodgson defended Chris Sutton in 98 when he rejected an England B call up. Bit hypocritical to be upset with Micah Richards then.

Refusing to go on standby is hardly worse than being a dumbass thug who's behaviour got him suspended for the first 2 games.

Obviously its a blow for Richards but it will be better for MCFC to see him return to pre season training with only success fresh in his mind. Even in a knockout tournament England have had so much disruption its hard to see them coming close to winning the thing. The likes of Rooney, Jones and Terry would be insufferably smug about it anyway. Don't care if that's unpatriotic.

Nothing against the City players in England squad but would much rather see Balotelli or De Jong come back with a medal. Silva has a couple of international medals and Clichy has that idiot Evra as one of his teammates.

Vinjay said:
Hodgson defended Chris Sutton in 98 when he rejected an England B call up. Bit hypocritical to be upset with Micah Richards then.

Not to mention that he was desperately trying to get the mighty Ben Foster to come out of international retirement for this tournament. Foster had essentially "retired" because he was sick of not getting a game. Micah has never resorted to that shit despite constantly getting overlooked despite clearly having players who are not as good as him playing ahead of him.
It all does make me wonder though because although I accept that football is about many different opinions, I just assume that pretty much everyone would think that only Walker is genuinely of comparable quality to Micah at right back. But then Hodgson and Capello presumably think Micah is shit and I was just reading some comments from Martin Lipton on Twitter from yesterday and he was telling some bloke that was having a bit of a rant about Micah that "Richards just isn't good enough." Clearly some people really don't rate him for some reason.

Best English right back all season without a doubt, Hodgson certainly seems to be a scouse sympathiser.

We're not really here said:
I hope England get fucking hammered. I am totally disgusted by this to be honest.

It's a difficult one because I don't want Joe to let in a shed load of goals, he deserves to do well but I would like to see Glen Johnson get absolutely fucking roasted throughout all 3 matches and I hope we don't get out of the group. A Rooney broken leg/neck against Ukraine would be nice also.

I know it's been said but I just find it staggering that we are going into the tournament with a patched up defence when we have Micah and Wio sat at home or on their jollies - if they'd officially retired and decided against a call-up then fair enough but to overlook them both???

Utter madness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.