Micah

BringBackSwales said:
LoveCity said:
leighton said:
Sagna isnt good enough to test Zaba. No improvement on Richards. I look at Coleman and think go all out for him instead give Zaba a real test and fight for his place. IF not then stick with what we have.

2 of the best prospects at the club can play at right-back, so signing Sagna (for free), who has been one of the best right-backs in the league this season, makes perfect sense instead of spending £20m+ on Coleman. The club seems to have a strategy.

who are the 2 your referring to LC?
One I presume is Maffeo and the other Ashley smith-brown?

Drury has also looked decent whenever I've watched the eds this season.

toffee balls said:
ElanJo said:
The only reason why our management should even be considering letting him go and replacing him with 31 year old Sagna is his fitness because given a run of games Micah is just as good as him.

Sagna is different gravy
Reading your contributions to this thread has made me think you back on the wacky ala platt street days

I think all Micah needs is a run of games, but the problem for him is that Zab is so good, and every game is so important, he's just not been able to get the games under his belt with the result that when he does play, he hasn't really impressed

In 2011-12 when we won the title under mancini he was as good as Zabaleta. It's only injury that has held him back. Still hoping he stays.

Marvin said:
I think all Micah needs is a run of games, but the problem for him is that Zab is so good, and every game is so important, he's just not been able to get the games under his belt with the result that when he does play, he hasn't really impressed

In 2011-12 when we won the title under mancini he was as good as Zabaleta. It's only injury that has held him back. Still hoping he stays.

Sagan is probably one of the top 3 RBs in the Prem. Over the last 2 seasons , Micah's form & fitness wouldn't see him in the top 10, much as I like the lad.

In our system, fullback is the most energy sapping role in the team and I'd imagine Pellers will use Zaba & Sagna in the same manner as Aleks & Clichy.

Marvin said:

To be fair, Zabba's grown a great deal since then.

I do believe in a serviceable Micah with a run of games. Unfortunately he was a sick note during our early cup runs. If he wants to re-sign with the club, work on fitness this summer, and is content taking League Cup & FA Cup games to start the season then I'm comfortable passing on Sagna.

To any detractors, this is admittedly influenced by sentimentalism. Sagna is the safe play for the club.

None of this seems pertinent, though. Micah has dismissed a contract offer, and the club has to act fast accordingly. Any plans to move on without him fall squarely on Micah's shoulders.

though we need more homegrown players in the side to keep us less corporate and more soul in the squad, i reckon his edge has been his pace which i am doubting in its deterioration with the injuries

wish him all the best in his next venture

greasedupdeafguy said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcU3aRndnjI[/video]

Love watching that. That is still my favorite City game ever. I could watch Silva's pass for the 6th goal all day, sublime.

Juan King said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcU3aRndnjI[/video]

Love watching that. That is still my favorite City game ever. I could watch Silva's pass for the 6th goal all day, sublime.

It should have been 10

Tron Coltrane said:
cmdub said:
LoveCity said:
2 of the best prospects at the club can play at right-back, so signing Sagna (for free), who has been one of the best right-backs in the league this season, makes perfect sense instead of spending £20m+ on Coleman. The club seems to have a strategy.

Some people on this forum are unreal... 20m on Coleman? Jesus

Out of curiosity, which part of his post are you taking objection to? I feel like the general consensus from neutrals this season was that Seamus was the best RB of the season (You've still got my vote, Zabba). He's 25 years old and constitutes a homegrown player. Everton doesn't want to sell. And they refused to sell Baines to Man U. last summer for a higher price.

So if they're not going to sell a 29 year-old LB for more than £20 million why would they sell a better 25 year-old for less than £20 million?

As for Micah, I'm torn. Unlike many on here I still believe he's an excellent player when fit. It's just that hanging chad of fitness... short of rubbing a crystal ball, I have no clue what to say except to protect the best interests of the club and guarantee we have a fit secondary option at RB when next season kicks off.

He can be an excellent player but there is something not right when a player so much a part of the furniture can't even get a game. He also never broke into the England setup and nobody knows why, there is clearly something just not quite right. I think he's excellent when he's on form but he has played a few times this season and been really crap and that's why he hasn't played probably. I don't know what it is but Mancini saw it and now Pellegrini seems to see it too, I love Micah and he has been a great servant but he needs to move on, get a fresh start and start playing football.

Marvin said:

Marv i agree totally but iv been down this road before many times on here, you've got absolutely no chance of talking any sense on this thread because 90% of the people commenting will be the ones who want him out anyway.
Sagna better than Micah- i dont think so.
And the comments iv heard a million times - he played against bayern etc..
Im not being funny but why would you play Micah against bayern markin Ribery in his first game back from injury - defies logic really , in any case bayern were brilliant that night and Micah didnt really do any worse than the others.
Bayern away, that want just because zab came on, look back, when he came on Ribery turned zab inside out on a few occasions, the difference was we got silva on the ball and they dropped ther level of performance slightly and we took control.
Love zab and Micah but he needs a run of games, not one here and there, how will he ever get his match sharpness back, because thats what a lot of you are referring to - match sharpness!!
I hope to fuck zab doesn't ever go through an injury plagued season or two - would you all be on he's back aswell ?
Ermm , probably not !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.