Michael Brown

Celebritykiller said:
Might be in the minority, but thought he carried the team at times in down in the old 3rd division.
To be fair he did well in that 2nd half of that season in the 3rd division.

Dobsy said:
Was the rumour at the time that royle got rid because he was a coke head?

I seem to remember at the time that there was a bit of displeasure at us letting Browny go because he was quite popular for the effort he put in and was seen as a bright prospect. He was a bit of a Robbie Savage, lots of huff and puff and effort and badge kissing stuff but not really that productive.

So I asked Joe Royle why he did get rid at a supporters function once. Wasn't a City supporters do, more of a general sportsmans evening. Anyway when I asked him, his reply was that he wanted his midfielders to be able to either pass the ball well, win the ball or score goals and sadly Browny never seemed to do any of those to any great effect. So that's why he went. If he went on and did well elsewhere (and he's certainly had a good living from the game) then that's probably due to him working on whichever of those attributes he came up short on.

My biggest heart in mouth moment was related to Brown actually, can't remember the game (possibly Wigan playoff semi) but he was already on a yellow.

Anyway he chased a ball off the pitch, turned around and lost his balance. To keep himself upright he grabbed the referee (who wasn't looking), nearly knocking him over. Thought he was gonna see red for a moment.

Always remember browny doing giggs at old Trafford,keane getting a grip of him,then quinny grabbing keane by the throat,your welcome anytime michael.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Dobsy said:

I seem to remember at the time that there was a bit of displeasure at us letting Browny go because he was quite popular for the effort he put in and was seen as a bright prospect. He was a bit of a Robbie Savage, lots of huff and puff and effort and badge kissing stuff but not really that productive.

So I asked Joe Royle why he did get rid at a supporters function once. Wasn't a City supporters do, more of a general sportsmans evening. Anyway when I asked him, his reply was that he wanted his midfielders to be able to either pass the ball well, win the ball or score goals and sadly Browny never seemed to do any of those to any great effect. So that's why he went. If he went on and did well elsewhere (and he's certainly had a good living from the game) then that's probably due to him working on whichever of those attributes he came up short on.

Those really are laughable comments from Joe Royle. I cannot remember any City fan at that time thinking Jeff Whitley (Royle favourite) had more of those attributes than Michael Brown and history proved the fans right on this one if you compare careers.

fair play he did his job, rattled a few of our cages, and did a decent job. a hard and decent guy, bit like what mills tried to be and failed

Rascal said:
Browny is a good lad who i initially thought a twat to be fair but because i was older of him i was suspicious.

Had some fun times with him though especially in Skegness

Hope he gets a clap, he is a blue

I had to watch the game on ESPN,going off what he was saying(brown)..I thought he was a Liverpool fan.......how gutted he was attending his first wembley final,and Wimbledon spoiling things..

franksinatra said:
Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Dobsy said:

Those really are laughable comments from Joe Royle. I cannot remember any City fan at that time thinking Jeff Whitley (Royle favourite) had more of those attributes than Michael Brown and history proved the fans right on this one if you compare careers.

And he went on to score double figures every season with Sheffield utd. In fact Brown and Tongue tore up the championship in those days. Got his big moves to spurs/Fulham so fair play to him. I always liked him for us for reasons already stated, better that the Whitley bros and Gary Mason. Paul Lake mentioned him in his book as caring about mcfc so that'll do for me!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.