Michael Johnson.....

Dubai Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
I could use Darren fletcher as an example of a guy who has had to deal with an awful disease (that is seen as a disability) who has worked hard to get back into the game. He could have chucked it all and said Fook it.
Equally, there are plenty of examples of talented people in numerous fields who never worked hard enough to fully justify the talents they were given. Everyone has different character traits, so you can't just paint a one-solution-fits-all picture. Darren Fletcher obviously has the correct attributes to make a career in professional football work, even in the face of some extreme adversity, while Michael Johnson clearly doesn't. Yes, it's a waste, but it doesn't really necessitate people pointing and laughing at him for being a fat bastard and throwing it all away.
How do you think this thread would of gone if it was a rag player instead of johnno?
Piss head and twice done for drink driving

The white knights going mad at Lee for taking a picture of him need to pipe the fuck down.

I have little sympathy for this guy, yeah it's a shame he had this terrible abdominal injury which really hampered him but with the right attitude and desire, who's to say he couldn't have got over it?

I'd have killed for his ability, who wouldn't, it's every football supporting lads dream to play professional football and it takes the biscuit when you see someone literally piss it away with all the drink driving shenanigans.

Colin_Bell said:
Sad story and I wish him all the best - We can all make mistakes and yes more than once as well.

Good luck Michael in whatever you do
Spot on. Hope he gets himself sorted out but given the snippets we hear/read, it looks like he faces a very long and hard road to travel.

The cookie monster said:
Dubai Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
I could use Darren fletcher as an example of a guy who has had to deal with an awful disease (that is seen as a disability) who has worked hard to get back into the game. He could have chucked it all and said Fook it.
Equally, there are plenty of examples of talented people in numerous fields who never worked hard enough to fully justify the talents they were given. Everyone has different character traits, so you can't just paint a one-solution-fits-all picture. Darren Fletcher obviously has the correct attributes to make a career in professional football work, even in the face of some extreme adversity, while Michael Johnson clearly doesn't. Yes, it's a waste, but it doesn't really necessitate people pointing and laughing at him for being a fat bastard and throwing it all away.
How do you think this thread would of gone if it was a rag player instead of johnno?
Piss head and twice done for drink driving
I don't particularly have any sympathy for Johnson, I just accept that we're not all identikit robots, so there's no point in people saying "look at Lakey", "look at Fletcher", as we're not talking about them, we're talking about Michael Johnson, a different person with a different set of character traits.

He's a twat for drink driving (as is everyone who does it) and he deserves any shit he gets on that particular issue, but he can fuck up his own career in anyway he wants to as that's an issue for him and him alone; it's got fuck all to do with anyone else.

Just on the Mail article, and I'm not saying anything like this will happen (I wouldn't have a clue what he's like as a person and what issues he has), but I would have hoped our media might have learned a lesson over that nurse thing a month or so ago.

LoveCity said:
:(((((((

BAmhsSXCAAA24l_.jpg:large
Why the sad face? Fuck him if that's what he wants to do with his 'career', fuck him. Not worth any of our tears.

moomba said:
Just on the Mail article, and I'm not saying anything like this will happen (I wouldn't have a clue what he's like as a person and what issues he has), but I would have hoped our media might have learned a lesson over that nurse thing a month or so ago.
How do you know the club havnt helped him moomba?

The cookie monster said:
moomba said:
How do you know the club havnt helped him moomba?

I'd be surprised if they haven't. Was more about the Fail taking the piss out of a person that obviously has some issues in life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.