Michael Owen and Manchester City

miasma said:
he said in the 1st half "the best team doesn't always win the league". i couldn't believe he said it, i'm sure he said it around 35 minutes.

He hopes in the same way I do when I buy a pie - I think it's the purchase of the pie that wins the game for us. Owen thinks that if he comes out with these axiomatic phrases they might come true. His beloved Dippers were beaten in a match they thought all week they could win, but they came up against what MANUre, The Arse and Spuds have battled - a resilient, dogged, talented team. And they came off second best. And the Sterling offside - evens out the Micah penalty that Dowd gave 'em.

Not sure why he upsets people so much.

I think he's a dull, monotone commentator with very little to say that's worth listening to. BT clearly signed him because of his name, it was clear from every interview he gave during his playing career that he didn't have the eloquence or insight to make a decent commentator.

If he's making people so irate he must be doing a better job than I expected.

A rag brought up thought their academy is bad enough but a **** who played about 7 games in two seasons who now preaches their bile is worse than anything.

miasma said:
he said in the 1st half "the best team doesn't always win the league". i couldn't believe he said it, i'm sure he said it around 35 minutes.
The best team doesn't always win the league; the team who've accumulated the most points wins the league and that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best, just the most consistent.

I think Arsenal were the best team in this country from 2000-2004 and they only won the league twice in those five years. Real Madrid were the best team in the world from 2000-2004 but they only won La Liga twice in those five years. I don't think United were any better than us last season, they just pulled off a few late winners where we drew games, I wouldn't have had many of their players in our starting XI though yet we didn't win the league.

He's really irritating, I was really looking forward to watching the game today but my heart sank when I realised he was co-commentating again, having to listen to his cliched guff is infuriating. His comment about the best team not always winning the league just sums the twerp up, how BT Sport think having such an effin half wit as him is going to help them in the ratings war is beyond comprehension.

cibaman said:
Not sure why he upsets people so much.

I think he's a dull, monotone commentator with very little to say that's worth listening to. BT clearly signed him because of his name, it was clear from every interview he gave during his playing career that he didn't have the eloquence or insight to make a decent commentator.

If he's making people so irate he must be doing a better job than I expected.
I sort of "get" what you're saying.

However.

It isn't and, shouldn't be his job to wind us up during commentary.
Perhaps I have read too many posts on here regarding the agenda but more and more I see and hear it and the more I just cannot help but be fucked off by it. It's bad enough when the away fans sing where were you when you were shit? I can handle that though.
What irks are these cunts such as Hansen, Owen, Lawrenson et al with their negative musings. Television is a powerful medium and people will buy into into what these cunts preach. Especially the newer audiences to the game. It doesn't sit well with me that City are continuously portrayed as the pantomime villain before during and after the match.

Perhaps, though, I am letting it get to me too much?

Fuck 'em. We'll win the league and it'll be funny watching their moody faces saying "That's what top money buys you" as Vinny lifts the trophy(s?) come May.

KippaxCitizen said:
miasma said:
The best team doesn't always win the league; the team who've accumulated the most points wins the league and that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best, just the most consistent.

I think Arsenal were the best team in this country from 2000-2004 and they only won the league twice in those five years. Real Madrid were the best team in the world from 2000-2004 but they only won La Liga twice in those five years. I don't think United were any better than us last season, they just pulled off a few late winners where we drew games, I wouldn't have had many of their players in our starting XI though yet we didn't win the league.

i'm sorry the best team always wins the league. its the whole point of the league, to find out who amounts the most points over 38 games, taking into account refereeing decisions, player performance, managerial decisions and maybe even where the sun/moon is in the sky. if you get the most points you are the best team, not necessarily the most attractive team to watch, you might scrape through a few matches, you might have a few dodgy decisions go your way but you have achieved your objective. maybe you should make your own league table on what you think is the proper league table based on your idea of merit and we should all follow that instead.

did you think united were the best team when we won the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.