Michael Owen and Manchester City

miasma said:
KippaxCitizen said:
miasma said:
he said in the 1st half "the best team doesn't always win the league". i couldn't believe he said it, i'm sure he said it around 35 minutes.
The best team doesn't always win the league; the team who've accumulated the most points wins the league and that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best, just the most consistent.

I think Arsenal were the best team in this country from 2000-2004 and they only won the league twice in those five years. Real Madrid were the best team in the world from 2000-2004 but they only won La Liga twice in those five years. I don't think United were any better than us last season, they just pulled off a few late winners where we drew games, I wouldn't have had many of their players in our starting XI though yet we didn't win the league.

i'm sorry the best team always wins the league. its the whole point of the league, to find out who amounts the most points over 38 games, taking into account refereeing decisions, player performance, managerial decisions and maybe even where the sun/moon is in the sky. if you get the most points you are the best team, not necessarily the most attractive team to watch, you might scrape through a few matches, you might have a few dodgy decisions go your way but you have achieved your objective. maybe you should make your own league table on what you think is the proper league table based on your idea of merit and we should all follow that instead.

did you think united were the best team when we won the league.
We've had THFC6061 do that and it confused people to fuck, no more, please!

;)

I really hope BT have not given him a contract over a year, i've not spoken to one person (City fan or not) that thinks he has any redeeming aspect to his commentary. He can't call the play, his insights are mind boggling and he adds no excitement, in fact no emotion at all to the game. There must be a way to let BT know this guy will bring them down. McManaman is no better, annoying voice but unlike Carragher, his football knowledge is not up to much. I don't mind Hargreaves as much, at least he can string a sentence together, but they really need to look at this and fix it ASAP or they will end up in the same state as ESPN, Setanta and all the others that have tried to come up to Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.