Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

I thought Islam wasn't around in Biblical times. I also believe that that Jesus bloke was a Jew and he came from Bethlehem.

We can improve and help Palestinians but it remains pointless whilst a terrorist organisation is in charge,
What's the excuse for the West Bank, where Hamas isn't in charge and where this round of the conflict was initiated?
Editing this to be a bit less blunt, I mean to say that ultimately the responsibility for changing the situation lies more heavily on the shoulders of the occupying power. I remember arguing with David Simon the Wire creator oddly enough (on twitter, not like I met him in person), and he said that you couldn’t compare Israel/Palestine to apartheid South Africa because there was no Palestinian Mandela with which the Israeli state could make a deal for peace. As I said to him, the conclusion that ultimately flows from that position is that if Mandela had died in prison in 1985 say, he’d be defending apartheid to this day. That’s an untenable and morally indefensive position to be in, in my view. The analogy I’m making is not to say that Israel = Apartheid, a debate I don’t think we need to get in to, but just that if there are steps Israel should be taking towards peace and justice, then those are the right steps to be taking - full stop.

Last edited:
You think this is about religion?
Is it not? i'm happy to be educated. I thought it was about two religious zealots fighting over land. If it is about disputed territory, like say Ireland in the 80s trying to take it back through murder puts one side squarely in the bad boy category and they should face no quarter.

29 Palestinian Children have died up to yet, House with husband pregnant wife and 3 kids bombed last night, all dead. Fuckin tragic.

Israeli's also lost 2 children to Hamas' Rockets too. Again Tragic.

These figures are going to just to keep rising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.