And a prison cell with a cold window.
Mine is the wave, snatched by sea-gulls,
I have my own view,
And an extra blade of grass.
Mine is the moon at the far edge of the words,
And the bounty of birds,
And the immortal olive tree.
I walked this land before the swords
Turned its living body into a laden table.
I come from there. I render the sky unto her mother
When the sky weeps for her mother.
And I weep to make myself known
To a returning cloud.
I learnt all the words worthy of the court of blood
So that I could break the rule.
I learnt all the words and broke them up
To make a single word: Homeland...

FB_IMG_1621345497123.jpg

Whilst the US Congress is the Israeli government cash cow nothing will change for a peaceful solution.

You'd see how quickly they'd be arranging a peace deal if Biden signed an executive order blocking their funding until they did.

First off, I find it breathtakingly hypocritical, given your outspoken support for Trump who aided and abetted Netanyahu in every way he could, that you could make that statement. But I'll answer it.

Second, the difference is that in 1948, when the partition plan came into effect and the British Mandate ended, Israel declared statehood. Had the Arabs done the same thing the map of the area would be very different (see below). But the Arabs didn't accept the Jewish state and attacked it. Hence we ended up with the pre-1967 borders.

View attachment 17092

Third, as I said a few posts ago, there was never any intention to create a separate Palestinian state, even if the Arabs had achieved a complete victory. As far as Egypt, Jordan and Syria were concerned, the land was theirs.

Finally, there actually is a Palestininan state. It's called Jordan, which is a completely fabricated country that never existed prior to 1946. King Abdullah of the Hashemite tribe was a Saudi, who was allowed to set up shop in what was then Transjordan as a reward for his support for the British in the Great Arab Revolt of 1916, which helped overthrow the Ottomans. His brother Faisal, who fought with Lawrence of Arabia, became king of Syria.

Firstly, I won't pretend you give a shit about my next comment, but it seems to me that your view of me is as pretty skewed as your view on what's happening with this current conflict. You could do with showing me where I've actually supported Trump (a name I never used until he wasn't president anymore) on anything that came true for the US citizen. I think you'll be looking back all the months with a Sunday in it. So my respect for you has waned and I respect VERY few people on here.

And as part of my retort to your first line, "aided and abetting" Nutty Netty was and STILL IS, something that major US and UK parties have done in the past to the present. That includes the $3.8BN of taxpayer money the US gives to Israel. Why do you think the US and UK sell weaponry to Israel which they turn on the Palestinians?

Finally, is it not somewhat a contradictory statement to say that the Palestinians have a state which is "fabricated"? This very definition makes them homeless, no? Can't claim a spot in Israel and won't be recognised in a made up land either!

Maybe I find it jarring to know that the Jewish people who were persecuted and murdered were turned away by the US when they first tried to go there as refugees and now the US support Israel in their persecution and murder of another demographic.

I'll leave you with this thought and I hope you realise the deep irony here...

You claim that I had an "outspoken support for Trump" and yet when you uttered a phrase similar to 'nobody comes out of this looking good' I'd wager that that was more Trump-like than had EVER crossed my lips.

"...you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent...

Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it..."- Trump words.

Absorb my points or don't, I could give a shit after your first line reply to me.

Firstly, I won't pretend you give a shit about my next comment, but it seems to me that your view of me is as pretty skewed as your view on what's happening with this current conflict. You could do with showing me where I've actually supported Trump (a name I never used until he wasn't president anymore) on anything that came true for the US citizen. I think you'll be looking back all the months with a Sunday in it. So my respect for you has waned and I respect VERY few people on here.

And as part of my retort to your first line, "aided and abetting" Nutty Netty was and STILL IS, something that major US and UK parties have done in the past to the present. That includes the $3.8BN of taxpayer money the US gives to Israel. Why do you think the US and UK sell weaponry to Israel which they turn on the Palestinians?

Finally, is it not somewhat a contradictory statement to say that the Palestinians have a state which is "fabricated"? This very definition makes them homeless, no? Can't claim a spot in Israel and won't be recognised in a made up land either!

Maybe I find it jarring to know that the Jewish people who were persecuted and murdered were turned away by the US when they first tried to go there as refugees and now the US support Israel in their persecution and murder of another demographic.

I'll leave you with this thought and I hope you realise the deep irony here...

You claim that I had an "outspoken support for Trump" and yet when you uttered a phrase similar to 'nobody comes out of this looking good' I'd wager that that was more Trump-like than had EVER crossed my lips.

"...you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent...

Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it..."- Trump words.

Absorb my points or don't, I could give a shit after your first line reply to me.
Mate. This is a forum. People have differing opinions and this is an emotive subject. Get over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.