Middle East Conflict (merged)

That's putting it mildly. Are we really surprised that at a time that Netanyahu is struggling to form a government, he suddenly starts a war? Sorry, a conflict.

An example that really highlights what you're talking about was a picture of a man, born and bred in America, who had spent a year in Israel and believed he had the right to forcefully kick out someone whose family had lived there for at least a few generations. In fact a Jewish friend of mine on Facebook pointed out the disingenuous nature of his "right to return" (he's never been there) being placed above the rights of people who've lived there for decades. This isn't just an argument between people who've both lived somewhere for ages and had a tense relationship, this is an argument between someone who wants to continue living somewhere they've lived for decades, and someone who wants to kick them out to make room for someone who's never even set foot in the country.
Summed up by these 2 ladies

US President Joe Biden has told Israel's prime minister that he expects to see a significant de-escalation in its conflict with Hamas today.

Nice to have a proper President at the seat
Was he waiting for the cheque to clear on the latest multi-million dollar arms shipment before pleading for them not to use them? Does de -escalation include refraining from bulldozing people's homes to create more 'facts on the ground'?

I don't want to derail this thread but your views on the US Presidential election were contrary, to say the least. If you weren't an outright cheerleader for Trump, you seemed to be suggesting that Biden was no better, if not worse. I thought you were being a bit stupid to be honest but you had a right to express your view, as contrary as it was. I didn't agree with you but didn't take it personally.

Well, maybe just maybe, you should have been bothered enough to realise Biden's past record showed he was to the right as a 'Democrat'. Can't understand how any Dem, who's supposedly a 'fighter' for the people' would want to 'reach across the aisle' to the GOP!

For whose benefit unless you agreed with a lot of their policies? To that point, Trump was a registered Democrat who donated a fair bit to the Clintons.

But you believe there's a clear line between the Est Dems and the GOP?

Well, I can't help you there.

As for 'taking things personally', I don't think I've ever blanket accused you of something untrue. But, that's cool, I know where you stand.

US President Joe Biden has told Israel's prime minister that he expects to see a significant de-escalation in its conflict with Hamas today.

Nice to have a proper President at the seat

LOL!!

I'm stunned how tone deaf this comment is!

But, hey ho, a 'proper' president likes to take his time before saying anything tepid...

LOL!!

I'm stunned how tone deaf this comment is!

But, hey ho, a 'proper' president likes to take his time before saying anything tepid...

LOL!

you're right actually, it's a disgrace Biden hasn't solved the Israeli/Palestine conflict.

Is he bollocks, In fact he's pushing through this $750 Million Dollars worth of missiles, the very ones murdering the Palestinians. The Progressives in his party are pleading with him to stop the sale. What a fuckin mess.
It's just duplicity / hypocrisy, but the UK is probably not in a position to preach on the ethics of arms sales or their subsequent use either tbh. All a bit depressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.