Middle East Conflict

Look, my point is that the Palestinians do not seem to have won anything with war but utter misery and loss of land. After each 'war', as per usual, the victors rewrite the borders to their liking. That's how it is. That's how it has always been. If Palestine would have won then Israel would not exist BUT Palestine did not win, Israel did. Having lost a war you cannot just shake hands and say lets go back to exactly how it was pre war. You are at the mercy of the victors.
I go back to my original post.
The Palestinians need to forget war and concentrate on gaining the moral high ground and popular support by dropping the annihilation of Israel nonsense and promoting peaceful protest. Both sides need to be realistic, both sides need to compromise. And, perhaps even more important, both sides need to prove they are trustworthy partners.

It was never a two-sided war to begin with before 1947. There are skirmishes between both migrant Jews and Arabs, but the Irgun, Lehi and Palmach got the extreme upper hand because they had far more weapons cache, and that was because of their objective in defeating the entire British army and police who were defending the British Mandate and the Arabs. Refer to my previous post:

Post in thread 'Middle East Conflict'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/middle-east-conflict.334241/post-17595385

There is a detailed account of how the pre-IDF in the 1930s and pre WWII, against the knowledge of the British Palestine no less, imported to Palestine thousands of weapons munitions and armaments from Germany. They imported hidden from the ships several times, and only on 1 occasion did the British officers expose a hidden ship container that were supposedly food and spices, which then led to the officers rushing to the Mandate HQ to inform their boss of what they found, but instead killed by the Irgun et al militia/terrorist.

And after WWII they imported illegal arms via Czechoslovakia, more arms and munitions provided by the Sonnebon group; the Jewish-American group who were for the mass displacement of Palestine.

The only Palestinians who had weapons and munitions were citizens with WWI era weapons and the 4000 Palestinian police and soldiers who were legally employed by the British Police and Army for British Mandate of Palestine.

It was never a two-sided war to begin with before 1947. There are skirmishes between both migrant Jews and Arabs, but the Irgun, Lehi and Palmach got the extreme upper hand because they had far more weapons cache, and that was because of their objective in defeating the entire British army and police who were defending the British Mandate and the Arabs. Refer to my previous post:

Post in thread 'Middle East Conflict'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/middle-east-conflict.334241/post-17595385

There is a detailed account of how the pre-IDF in the 1930s and pre WWII, against the knowledge of the British Palestine no less, imported to Palestine thousands of weapons munitions and armaments from Germany. They imported hidden from the ships several times, and only on 1 occasion did the British officers expose a hidden ship container that were supposedly food and spices, which then led to the officers rushing to the Mandate HQ to inform their boss of what they found, but instead killed by the Irgun et al militia/terrorist.

And after WWII they imported illegal arms via Czechoslovakia, more arms and munitions provided by the Sonnebon group; the Jewish-American group who were for the mass displacement of Palestine.

The only Palestinians who had weapons and munitions were citizens with WWI era weapons and the 4000 Palestinian police and soldiers who were legally employed by the British Police and Army for British Mandate of Palestine.
I honestly do not know what to reply. Many seem to hate each other, it's a war, someone will end up winning and someone will end up losing. A lot of people who could not care less whether the land is called Israel or Palestine will/have died. A lot of people who do care whether the land is called Israel/Palestine will/have died. I'm suggesting we try something a bit different to death.

... A lot of people who could not care less whether the land is called Israel or Palestine will/have died. A lot of people who do care whether the land is called Israel/Palestine will/have died. I'm suggesting we try something a bit different to death.
Agreed, but the 1 million dollar question is: who is 'we' ???

Extremists on both sides don't fancy painful compromises, which would be made by moderates though to reach a higher long term goal.

To disarm the extremists the moderates would have to radicalize, but that doesn't make much sense. We are lost.

I honestly do not know what to reply. Many seem to hate each other, it's a war, someone will end up winning and someone will end up losing. A lot of people who could not care less whether the land is called Israel or Palestine will/have died. A lot of people who do care whether the land is called Israel/Palestine will/have died. I'm suggesting we try something a bit different to death.

Is it possible that they've already tried peaceful resistance and it didn't work out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.