Middle East Conflict

One would hope but given the sway Israel holds over the US, and the sway the US holds over everyone else, I’m not holding my breath. Hence my question re the Egyptian border with Gaza and who controls it.

I think Israel would be beyond foolish to lose the goodwill and sympathy they currently hold with the international community by collectively punishing a population of 2.5m people, of whom 99.999% will have had nothing to do with it, with starvation.
Regardless of which "side" (if any) a person is on, surely most would agree that can't be allowed to happen. What Hammas did this weekend was horrendous, but this would be a major stain on Israel.

Do Egypt or Israel control that border?

Previously Israel had the authority to control what (and who) was allowed through it, Egypt do now as the blockade restrictions have eased a bit (I believe, that’s going off what I read a few years ago, so I’d need to confirm!)

Stolen or Partitioned by us in 1922 when it was called Ottoman Syria?
Do you have any issues with India, Pakistan or Bangladesh? I only ask as we were even more involved with creating those borders. Same I think with Saudi and we were certainly at the table when half of Africa’s maps were decided upon.

I say this because it only ever seems to be Israel’s formation that many take issue with.

I get that argument but this announcement of the deliberate intention of putting innocent people at immense risk of death is different.

Totally agree, The thing is there isn't even any condemnation from any leaders on what their currently doing. So I'm fairly sure no aid will be sent. Not that it would get through the blockade anyway.

I get that argument but this announcement of the deliberate intention of putting innocent people at immense risk of death is different.
For me it would be deliberately targeting civilians on a scale not seen since World War 2 (to the best of my recollection and assuming we’re talking about targeting another country’s (for want of a better word) populace (obviously Stalin killed 20m of his own but no one really seemed to give a fuck).

If the blockade of food and medical supplies lasts any sort of time then it would be as morally bankrupt as this weekend’s attacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.