Middle East Conflict

It makes the news when it suits tbf but off the back of the 2nd largest terrorist attack in history and a large Jewish community in several parts of the UK facing pockets of very pro Palestinian support, they are worried and rightly so for their safety.

Just down from this restaurant anti semitic graffiti was also daubed on a bridge going off reports.
That’s very shitty behaviour but the reality is that, in the main, we live in a tolerant country that welcomes virtually all races and religions.

Incident of this nature are unacceptable but there relatively few of them. Sometimes we can be misled by, for example. Rachel Riley “by coincidence” driving past some scumbags and it being all over the media.

No it absolutely is not.

Do you think Israel would have threatened to turn off supplies if they had not been under a sustained attack?

They shouldn't be doing it as its a War Crime. If they continue for a lengthy period and people die because of it this will be as abhorrent as what Hamas has just done.

It’s unusual for this low level of crime to
make the news in the U.K. it’s a shitty thing to smash up the restaurant but this happens to owners of all ethnicities, religions etc.
Free Palestine was also graffitied on a bridge very close by. Obviously coincidentally and yet the Met aren’t treating it as a hate crime. Timing was just unfortunate I presume.

That’s very shitty behaviour but the reality is that, in the main, we live in a tolerant country that welcomes virtually all races and religions.

Incident of this nature are unacceptable but there relatively few of them. Sometimes we can be misled by, for example. Rachel Riley “by coincidence” driving past some scumbags and it being all over the media.

I’d agree mate, we are very fortunate to live in an incredibly tolerant nation.

The people of Lebanon would beg to differ

You seem to be another one ramping up the blood thirsty rhetoric,
Am I? Yet Paul1970's comment wasn't worthy of your attention?

I'm merely pointing out that now going "ooh nasty Isreali's!" 48 hours after the horrific events of the weekend are unlikely to stem their anger or continued bombing in Gaza. They're furious at Hamas and seek their destruction. This is now a war, one they intend to win. It's going to get nasty, collateral damage is going to be discussed more and more.

Just like in Ukraine, it's become a matter of seeing things through to the end and people should not expect things to "die down" after a few talks.

Sadly antisemitism is very much a real danger in parts of the UK.

This is the kind of thing that makes this thread and the discussion veer off into slagging matches.

A restaurant has been broken into and had its till stolen. The police say it’s not a hate crime.

So what is the point of bringing it to the thread as an example of violent antisemitism?

You’re talking about graffiti on the same street, seems like if you were vandalising a property because it’s Jewish and had spray paint in your back pocket you might use it, but I’m not an expert vandal.

The Anti Defamation league does loads of research into antisemitism and the UK is always among the most tolerant countries in the world in their reports. Does it exist in this country? Of course, just like every prejudice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.