Middle East Conflict

They can’t
Time wil tell won't it. Just like in Ukraine, innocents suffer whilst soldiers fight to defend their homeland from an aggressor. We all hope for a quick end to this conflict, but I don't see one happening.

Oh great. we’re now going to ease racial tensions by labelling every crime involving a religious minority as a hate crime unless proven otherwise.

That’s really going to help.
Surely the cops should follow the evidence. There's now suggestions it was a routine burglary so the cops may well be right.

Last edited:
It's a war of attrition, specifically a siege. Cutting your enemies supply lines to force them into surrender is a tried and tested military tactic. The UK, US and European nations have done it a number of times to win wars.

As I said earlier, this is now a war.
Do you think the world will look on at 2.5 million people being starved to death? It’s not going to happen because it would be a war crime of vast implications and the blowback could ignite the world

I'd rather not go down that rabbit hole, as people who don't have first hands knowledge on here seem to think when you mention it, this means you support every action that has ever been taken . I personally don't consider myself to have a side other than experience and understanding of the difficulties Isreal faced way back then ( and obviously still do after today). However, have made mistakes along the way themselves
I understand where you’re coming from.
Being Irish, I’ve always stayed out of this conversation.
1. Through lack of deep understanding and knowledge on the subject
2. Looking at the history of the place, how it came about, and seeing terrible similarities to what happened here over the centuries, but knowing full well what a box of vipers that conversation would open.

Nobody can condone what happened in Israel this week.
But nobody can tell me that this Israeli government are going to solve the problem with an eye for an eye no matter how justifiable, they make it sound.

And saying that is by no means backing Hammas. Let’s be clear on that.

My own view is a general one and as I say, I do not claim to be any sort of expert on these matters. Far from it.

But this goes for both sides.
I don’t believe in any sort of religious state, be it Jewish or Muslim, Catholic or Protestant.
I believe your religion is a personal thing that you should have a right to, but religion and state should be separated.

I’ve made the same argument about the monarchy in the UK being head of the church and the oath of allegiance down through the centuries.

If Ireland is any kind of example, I would hope it would be that, the past mistakes cannot be repeated. The future has to be decided by democracy.

Dialogue is needed not missiles and true leaders are those that can make this happen not right wing fundamentalists.

Do you think the world will look on at 2.5 million people being starved to death? It’s not going to happen because it would be a war crime of vast implications and the blowback could ignite the world
At this point I seriously doubt the Israeli Government would care, the same way Hamas didn't care when their "paramilitaries" took the lives of 1000 civilians.

I understand where you’re coming from.
Being Irish, I’ve always stayed out of this conversation.
1. Through lack of deep understanding and knowledge on the subject
2. Looking at the history of the place, how it came about, and seeing terrible similarities to what happened here over the centuries, but knowing full well what a box of vipers that conversation would open.

Nobody can condone what happened in Israel this week.
But nobody can tell me that this Israeli government are going to solve the problem with an eye for an eye no matter how justifiable, they make it sound.

And saying that is by no means backing Hammas. Let’s be clear on that.

My own view is a general one and as I say, I do not claim to be any sort of expert on these matters. Far from it.

But this goes for both sides.
I don’t believe in any sort of religious state, be it Jewish or Muslim, Catholic or Protestant.
I believe your religion is a personal thing that you should have a right to, but religion and state should be separated.

I’ve made the same argument about the monarchy in the UK being head of the church and the oath of allegiance down through the centuries.

If Ireland is any kind of example, I would hope it would be that, the past mistakes cannot be repeated. The future has to be decided by democracy.

Dialogue is needed not missiles and true leaders are those that can make this happen not right wing fundamentalists.
A later post I made mentioned that when I visited Belfast it gave me flashbacks , I hear you loud and clear

How many wars over the past 2000 years do you seriously wish me to mention?

Hamas surrenders, the bombings stop. How much do Hamas seriously care about the lives of Palestinians in Gaza? You're acting like this is a new thing in warfare. Not all fights begin and end in pillows.
Ah right so we're going back Centuries. I honestly thought you were talking about recent events to which Israel are currently doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.