Middle East Conflict

The unnerving fact of the matter is that Israel's Government has formally declared WAR on Hamas.

This is unlike any scenario we've seen or become 'accustomed' to in the last 50 years. We're entering unprecidented territory. Israel's leaders aren't going to rest until Hamas are completely obliterated.

Innocent people will suffer as a result, but be under no illusions, the actions of Hamas are not going to be easily forgiven and no amount of highlighting innocents sufferings are going to change their mind. Until Hamas are eradicated, just as we saw with ISIS, just as we hope in Ukraine, the war between Israel and Gaza will continue until conclusion.
The people of Lebanon would beg to differ

You seem to be another one ramping up the blood thirsty rhetoric,

Found this utterly depressing -

When people talk about breaking the cycle and you see things like that, let alone seeing children being abducted from Israel or think of them sat in Gaza as the bombs come down, it’s no wonder plenty grow up with distrust and a lack of empathy when their own innocence has been robbed from them.

This at a time our political classes are becoming increasingly partisan and binary too across the world, I really don’t see it changing for a long while yet.

Personally I’d wipe everyone over the age of six out, leave them with a bunch of science text books, and a note saying “sorry, we really fucked it, you have a go”. Well, maybe leave them dinner ladies too…

So Turning the water off and the gas and electricity in an entire city full of children and elderly people is basically doing to them what Germany did in the ghetto in Warsaw .
No it absolutely is not.

Do you think Israel would have threatened to turn off supplies if they had not been under a sustained attack?

Do you think the Nazis would ever have let the Warsaw Jews live in peace in occupied Poland?

The IHRA definition of anti-semitism includes: Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis;

Sadly antisemitism is very much a real danger in parts of the UK.
It’s unusual for this low level of crime to
make the news in the U.K. it’s a shitty thing to smash up the restaurant but this happens to owners of all ethnicities, religions etc.

It’s unusual for this low level of crime to
make the news in the U.K. it’s a shitty thing to smash up the restaurant but this happens to owners of all ethnicities, religions etc.

It makes the news when it suits tbf but off the back of the 2nd largest terrorist attack in history and a large Jewish community in several parts of the UK facing pockets of very pro Palestinian support, they are worried and rightly so for their safety.

Just down from this restaurant anti semitic graffiti was also daubed on a bridge going off reports.

There were over 40 American Indian wars that lasted 300 years and ended because the Native population dropped from an estimated 50-100m people to ~100,000.

I’m not sure 3 centuries of war ended by the successful conclusion of a genocide that wiped out 99% of the natives is the analogy you want to go for here.

Or maybe it was, I don’t know.
To be honest I'm pretty sure there were nowhere near 50 to a 100 million natives in North America.

To be honest I'm pretty sure there were nowhere near 50 to a 100 million natives in North America.

See I thought it was 10m or something, that’s why I used the 99% figure, but I couldn’t remember so looked it up before posting and Wikipedia said 50-100m?!

So I just used that. It doesn’t change the overall meaning of the post though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.