Middle East Conflict

If this is to end then there has to be a ceasefire and negotiation, what happened on Saturday pushes any hope of peace further away for everyone. As it stands Israel is more than ever not going to leave those lands as much as Hamas is not going to stop firing rockets in retaliation.

In the meantime I don't think that any of us can easily pass judgement on their immediate decision to defend their citizens with force, they have no choice and you can't expect anything less. That is unless you support the killing of innocent Israeli's until Israel backs down on whatever policy you disagree with.

I think you forget that more than 10 British nationals were killed on Saturday. It has to stop on both sides.
Hang about. So what you're saying is if folk don't agree with the War Crimes that Israel are about to commit it means they support Hamas?

Absolutely. But you absolutely can disagree with the tactics when they start coming out with shit like cutting off food, medicine and water to 2 million people. Even the Russians haven't publicly come out with a policy like that.
The Russians and Assad literally barrel bombed whole Syrian cities in order to drown Syrian resistance fighters. Let's not get into those kind of comparisons.

Rachel Riley was an eye witness to Palestinians “celebrating” the terrorist atrocities and waving Palestinian flags out of a car on consecutive days. She said it was just a coincidence because she’d nipped to a London shop
Why wouldn’t she raise the issue of people, in the capital city of her own country, celebrating the slaughter of hundreds of innocent civilians? People who were slaughtered in cold blood because they happen to be of the same religion of herself?

Should she just turn a blind eye in order to avoid any awkward questions?

Or did you want you want her to run it past people on here first before posting, just in case she upsets a few absolute wrong uns who will seemingly attempt to justify anything because for reasons unknown they are trying to cultivate some sort of edgy, hard left online persona?

You persist in pushing this narrative that somehow boatloads of Jews suddenly descended on this peaceful Palestinian state and proceeded to drive them out at the point of a gun.

What started 75 years ago was that the British government having made a number of attempts to resolve the issue, handed its mandate (granted by the League of Nations in 1922 or 1923) back to the UN.

The UN proposal was for partition of the territory, which was voted on and agreed by the required two-thirds majority.

The Muslim bloc at the UN voted against and the decision wasn't acceptable to the local Arab leadership. Once the mandate expired in May 1948, Israel declared its part as an independent state. They were already subject to attacks by irregular Arab forces but now the regular armies of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq joined in. The newly formed Israel more than held its own however and (after atrocities on both sides) the 1948 borders were established in international law.

Those borders were far less favourable to the Arab side than the original partition plan had been. I also don't think there's much doubt that there was a deliberate campaign to ethnically cleanse some areas of the territory but that also applied to long-standing Jewish communities outside Israel.

So this slant that these bloodthirsty Jews attacked and occupied the land is utterly and completely false.

And even if the Arab armies had overrun the nascent Israeli state, there would have still been no Palestine as it's well documented that both Egypt & Syria claimed it as part their own countries.

Now we can't change history unfortunately but let's not completely rewrite it.
He's not interested in all that he feels Isreal should have been wiped out at birth

Hang about. So what you're saying is if folk don't agree with the War Crimes that Israel are about to commit it means they support Hamas?
I'm not going to comment on what others support and that wasn't my intention. It is illegal to support a terrorist group and Hamas is proscribed as one of those so I have nothing to say.

However I don't really understand what posters want. Do you want a smaller bombing campaign or no bombings and as a result more Israeli civilian deaths?

What do you deem as an acceptable self-defence considering Hamas is right now still firing rockets into Israel? If I am a citizen living nearby, I'm sorry but my first instinct is yes drop a bomb on the heads of those firing the rockets, that isn't a war crime.

Why wouldn’t she raise the issue of people, in the capital city of her own country, celebrating the slaughter of hundreds of innocent civilians? People who were slaughtered in cold blood because they happen to be of the same religion of herself?

Should she just turn a blind eye in order to avoid any awkward questions?

Or did you want you want her to run it past people on here first before posting, just in case she upsets a few absolute wrong uns who will seemingly attempt to justify anything because for reasons unknown they are trying to cultivate some sort of edgy, hard left online persona?
What a clown.

My point was that there was virtually no chance that she witnessed these 2 incidents by accident. She was obviously notified about the incidences and went so see for herself (assuming neither incident was staged).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.