Middle East Conflict

You know waving a Palestinian flag in no way is saying I support Hamas?

Over 1200 Israelis are murdered in cold blood and within hours we see people celebrating on the streets, waving Palestinian flags and we also have the usual friends of Palestine meeting going on at conference.

Let’s just say the timing is off and a little suspicious shall we?

I've no idea, but why would that change what is in the Koran ?

There are many different interpretations of ancient religious texts.

The bible has been used as pretext for burning heretics in the past, and still is today to persecute homosexuals in some branches of the religion.

The point is not what the texts say, it's how they are interpreted and used to justify actions.

The Koran is not unique amongst religious texts in providing material to justify atrocities should people wish to use it in that way.

A little look into the Koran would answer that question for you !
And Judaism, Islam and Christianity all stem from the same religion, Jesus Christ is a prophet of high importance in Islam and born to the Virgin Mary. It’s ridiculous how the hatred has manifested itself over the past 2000 years.

I've read a lot of people talk about ending the occupation as a way of ensuring lasting peace.
My question though is to do with the word "occupation".
Gaza is governed by Hamas while the majority of the West Bank is governed by Fatah. Around 20% of the Israeli population are Arabs of Palestinian descent.
So which if these does that "end the occupation" relates to?
Gaza is not occupied but it may as well have been, it’s essentially an open air prison, Israel controls why comes in and out the air space and the coast, and that’s been half the problem

There are lots of illegal settlements (Jewish) on the West Bank and quite frankly the behaviour of the settlers towards Palestinians would make most dictators blush! They have been emboldened by the current government which is made up of various right wing religious misfits, to the despair of ordinary Israelis, their electoral system is not a good advert for Proportional Representation, it needs reform to stop extremists ever getting power

I dislike extremes in general, but in politics and religion people lose the ability to compromise, Hamas if it wanted could have had peace but it’s avoid mission is to destroy the State of Israel, now in my opinion a just settlement was reached there would be no room for them, they thrive in this situation they are like vermin they need conditions to be just right, and Israel created those conditions, what I am saying is nothing new the left in Israel have been saying the same thing for years

Happy Prosperous free people don’t feel the need to blow themselves up, or start wars

Over 1200 Israelis are murdered in cold blood and within hours we see people celebrating on the streets, waving Palestinian flags and we also have the usual friends of Palestine meeting going on at conference.

Let’s just say the timing is off and a little suspicious shall we?

The Home Office are currently wanting to ban Palestinian flags being waved even while they are being invaded by Israel and starved by them too, 4 or 5 days on.

I'm usually clued up on history and geography but on this one I have no idea.

Is there an unbiased history of the region and why they are fighting I can read/watch somewhere?

I have no views on the whole thing until I can read facts and make my mind up.

I have seen a lot of the British-Asian population nearby in Bradford waving Palestine flags before. Could they be from Palestine or could this just be a dig at the Jews? Do those with a Muslim faith dislike the Jewish faith?

I've just heard this quote from the Military spokesman. I mean WTF.

Israel could - this week - torch all the international goodwill it has garnered. It also sets a precedent for the region. Bigger nation attacks smaller nation resulting in carnage - Israel should remember who surrounds it.

And for what its worth the thread should be retitled Israel v Hamas conflict to reflect accuracy

There are many different interpretations of ancient religious texts.

The bible has been used as pretext for burning heretics in the past, and still is today to persecute homosexuals in some branches of the religion.

The point is not what the texts say, it's how they are interpreted and used to justify actions.

The Koran is not unique amongst religious texts in providing material to justify atrocities should people wish to use it in that way.

Wash all you want, it does not change what is supposedly the 'immutable' word of god that is written, taught, and followed by many. Hamas even use it in their charter !

Wash all you want, it does not change what is supposedly the 'immutable' word of god that is written, taught, and followed by many. Hamas even use it in their charter !

Sure, and unpleasant people in other religions do likewise.

And there are many Muslims who would have no truck whatever with their religion being used by Hamas in this way.

Using religion to justify evil is not unique to Islam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.