Middle East Conflict

I'm usually clued up on history and geography but on this one I have no idea.

Is there an unbiased history of the region and why they are fighting I can read/watch somewhere?

I have no views on the whole thing until I can read facts and make my mind up.

I have seen a lot of the British-Asian population nearby in Bradford waving Palestine flags before. Could they be from Palestine or could this just be a dig at the Jews? Do those with a Muslim faith dislike the Jewish faith?

I'm sorry, but that first paragraph really doesn't fit the situation (or even the third paragraph). One side claims a historic title go the land from 3000 years ago, and there are 7 million Palestinian refugees (including descendants of those who've been displaced over the last 80 years). You can't reverse history, but you can't ignore it.
I never said ignore history but there’s no point not looking for a solution. We were at war with Germany and there were horrific war crimes committed, we didn’t use that as a barrier to deny peace and we did find a solution and lasting harmony.

As I said, this goes nowhere if genuine conciliation is not on the table, regardless of history it’s the here and now that’s important, unfortunately whilst we have zealots leading both sides ordinary people will never have the life they deserve, it’s sad as fuck.

I’m not sure you get to define what the question is, mate!

I don’t know, and nor does anyone else on this thread, and given that it’s perfectly understandable and permissible to hypothesise.
Good grief.

They say truth is the first casualty of war. Now it appears that the first casualty is not being concerned about what is true or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.