Middle East Conflict

I’m no expert on anything Middle East but I am surprised that Sunak on his so called diplomatic mission to release seven hostages held by hamas has come out and said that he will support Israel and hopes they win. If I was a diplomat I would secure the releases before nailing my sail to the mast
Saying he wanted israel to win was stupid but he is desperately out of his depth , that was not calming the waters and giving due attention to the civilans in gaza that are also dying

The chant 'Palestine will be free, from the river to the sea' is a bit of a problem. It has different connotations depending which group uses it. AFAIK it originates from the Arab world wishing Israel to no longer exist as a state, back to an Islamic state. I don't believe that means eradication of Jews per se but for the state to no longer be a Jewish state (however there is 100% groups that want them completely gone). But i think a lot of Palestinians have come to the conclusion that it's not a realistic dream for Israel to no longer exist, but just for Palestinians to be free & able to move throughout Israel as free people and not stuck in Gaza or the West Bank. HAMAS had offered a truce back in early 2000s (whether that is credible is debatable) for Israel to move back to the 1967 borders and Israel to be recognised as a state globally. I just don't think that is a possibility now, the best that could come out of it is Israel being a Jewish state but recognition of Palestinians to be Israeli citizens & being allowed the same freedoms anyone can get. Things like BirthRight would need to be changed as well IMO, as well as re-education from both sides.
I'm not Palestinian but if I were I would be very happy to go with that solution and I think most Palestinians would be happy with it as well.
Otherwise, all you are fighting for is a name and a flag.
Give the Palestinians equal rights, and responsibilities, in the state of Israel and it solves the problem.
Sadly, the Israelis will never agree to this.

Saying he wanted israel to win was stupid but he is desperately out of his depth , that was not calming the waters and giving due attention to the civilans in gaza that are also dying
Having a minnow like him as leader of the Tory party and prime minister shows the paucity of leadership and statesmanship, not just in the Tory party but in the British political classes as a whole because Starmer and his mob aren't that much better.

Why are people feeling the need to tear down posters of the Israelis who have been kidnapped and then turn it into a point scoring thing? The existence of posters of people who have been kidnapped by Hamas doesn't suddenly make the civilians killed in Palestine invalidated ffs.

Not saying she’s right or wrong but curious as to why there are posters unless it’s to fuel anger? It’s not like anyone is going to solve a mystery by saying “they’re in Gaza”

Why are people feeling the need to tear down posters of the Israelis who have been kidnapped and then turn it into a point scoring thing? The existence of posters of people who have been kidnapped by Hamas doesn't suddenly make the civilians killed in Palestine invalidated ffs.

It’s just bizarre. Why would you rip down posters of innocent missing people?

‘It’s really bad, but Israel are worse’.. it doesnt matter if it’s on either side. Any missing person deserves a chance to be found.

Irrespective of opinions on this topic it was very strange language for him to have used and rather undiplomatic like. Would have been better to hope peace wins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.