Middle East Conflict

Anything other than ad hominems?

Wasn’t attacking you, just stating that due to its base and funding, I don’t think Al Jazeera is entirely neutral in its reporting that’s all.

No one will probably ever know the real truth behind this incident.

The choice of language never ceases to amaze me. Why are people in articles such as this still referred to as "Israeli settlers" when "Israeli terrorists" would be more appropriate? If the situation was reversed, that's exactly what the Palestinian people would be labelled.

The thing with Stuart Ramsey is he's exactly in that spot of witnessing the shootings of Children as he and other Journalist have been reporting this all week. Do they really have to shoot them dead for launching fuckin stones?

A sad and painful story, one of many
, my country counts 2000 of them
and another 5000 wounded
, did you hear that they opened a pregnant woman's stomach and threw out the baby?
7/oct
New rules as my country not stop until
Solution finds

Wasn’t attacking you, just stating that due to its base and funding, I don’t think Al Jazeera is entirely neutral in its reporting that’s all.

No one will probably ever know the real truth behind this incident.
I’ve got friends who are UK Service men who swear by Al Jazeera. They despise the BBC. I don’t know if Al Jazeera are neutral or not but they have a great reputation for reporting on conflicts.

We still don’t know who was the main culprit re. the hospital bombing. Hamas will consider the situation a media coup as they don’t care about ordinary Gazans. The release of 2 hostages (a drop in the ocean) might suggest Hamas are stepping up the propaganda war.

I heard on the radio that Gaza is days away from serious outbreaks of water born diseases that will have a more devastating impact than rhe bombings. There is no fuel to power the desalination systems.

I’ve got friends who are UK Service men who swear by Al Jazeera. They despise the BBC. I don’t know if Al Jazeera are neutral or not but they have a great reputation for reporting on conflicts.

We still don’t know who was the main culprit re. the hospital bombing. Hamas will consider the situation a media coup as they don’t care about ordinary Gazans. The release of 2 hostages (a drop in the ocean) might suggest Hamas are stepping up the propaganda war.

I heard on the radio that Gaza is days away from serious outbreaks of water born diseases that will have a more devastating impact than rhe bombings. There is no fuel to power the desalination systems.
Looking like Israel will ban all Al Jazeera Journalists as they don't like the way they are reporting.

The choice of language never ceases to amaze me. Why are people in articles such as this still referred to as "Israeli settlers" when "Israeli terrorists" would be more appropriate? If the situation was reversed, that's exactly what the Palestinian people would be labelled.
Of course, if the BBC is expected to call Hamas terrorists, can they refer to the settlements as illegal rather than just "Jewish settlements" with the rider, "The settlements are seen as illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this"?

Al Jazeera are outstanding, always superb reporting of major events, they were during both Gulf Wars.

I also think Channel 4's coverage is top quality.

It seems odd to question the reporting by some sources due to their funding i.e. Al jazeera. Should the same standard be applied to reporting of other sources i.e. BBC, Sky, Channel 4 etc ?

Or is this standard one sided as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.