Middle East Conflict

Hamas is a terrorist organisation or do you think otherwise?
They are accountable but the situation isn't black and white. Desperation will force stupidity and terrorist actions. Don't think for one minute that I support either side, or their actions. They're not anti-colonial resistance fighters. They're nor even Gaza or the West Bank. They're akin to Da'ish, or Isis. Labelling them as terrorists only empowers them. That word has never ended a siege or conflict peacefully. It's only painted more targets on innocent backs.

By saying it at City or in the U.K., how many honest Palestinians will feel cut off. That'll only widen the gap and give more recruiting strength to Hamas.

Stick a wall around Manchester and what would happen? Then cut off food, water and bomb the families within in response to the recent actions? This is far more complex than terrorism. Guerilla actions? No. Far too many pieces and radicalism on both sides of the walls and fences. It's all a disgrace but the language used will only heighten the situation. The selective nature of the word terrorist is grimly laughable.

Safe passage away from harm in the case of the Palestinians doesn't mean getting out of the way of harm for a short while until peace returns, it means to go away forever, to be ethnically cleansed, to have your land occupied, settled and then annexed by Israel.
But this isn't a war with the Palestinian people, it's a war with Hamas. Gaza for now is almost a terrorist state because Hamas is fighting to the death, it's trying to kill Israeli's and it's taking Palestinian civilians on that journey. Whilst Hamas remains a much larger threat to Israel than before Israel will continue to justify doing whatever it's doing.

However this is important, Israel is a democratic state that can be held to account and sanctioned or pressured if need be but Hamas cannot. The end result cannot simply be that Israel stops defending itself and Hamas can continue to do what it's doing. That is unless you support murder on one side only.

It's just idiotic to suggest that armed struggle is fine on one side but not the other, if Hamas attacks Israel then Israel is always going to defend itself. The Palestinians lose either way in this case and that's why they need to be moved to safety, at least until a ceasefire is declared.

For the good of Israel this needs to stop right now, the more this bloodbath goes on the worse it’s going to get

I do hope that behind the scenes the Americans and other governments are trying to stop this, it’s just about vengeance now
I'm not sure what you expect foreign governments to do? Israel is under attack from all quarters. It isn't a case of Israel stops and everything stops. Foreign governments cannot call on Israel to stop defending itself.

If Israel stops then will the rocket attacks from Hamas in Gaza stop? What about the incursions on the north border with Lebanon from Hezbollah? What about the cruise missiles being launched at Israel from Yemen?

Israel has declared war and it's because they've seen the start of a very different cycle of violence compared to previously where Hamas fired a few pop rockets into Israel and Israel dropped laser guided bombs in return. This is an existential threat to Israel.

But this isn't a war with the Palestinian people, it's a war with Hamas. Gaza for now is almost a terrorist state because Hamas is fighting to the death, it's trying to kill Israeli's and it's taking Palestinian civilians on that journey. Whilst Hamas remains a much larger threat to Israel than before Israel will continue to justify doing whatever it's doing.

However this is important, Israel is a democratic state that can be held to account and sanctioned or pressured if need be but Hamas cannot. The end result cannot simply be that Israel stops defending itself and Hamas can continue to do what it's doing. That is unless you support murder on one side only.

It's just idiotic to suggest that armed struggle is fine on one side but not the other, if Hamas attacks Israel then Israel is always going to defend itself. The Palestinians lose either way in this case and that's why they need to be moved to safety, at least until a ceasefire is declared.
Good post. Pretty much where I am, Hamas (and it would seem much of the Arab/Islamic world) want Israel eradicated completely. That's basically genocide and until Hamas (and much of the Arab/Islamic world) change that standpoint I'm on the Jewish side. I fully accept that Israel have also committed heinous crimes.

Good post. Pretty much where I am, Hamas (and it would seem much of the Arab/Islamic world) want Israel eradicated completely. That's basically genocide and until Hamas (and much of the Arab/Islamic world) change that standpoint I'm on the Jewish side. I fully accept that Israel have also committed heinous crimes.

Have you ever read/watched "The Scottish Play"?

Lot's of definitive opinions there.

Gaza for now is almost a terrorist state - Or is it an oppressed state? And fighting against oppression makes them terrorist? Dont confuse Hamas with Gaza, deliberately or unintentionally.
Israel will continue to justify doing whatever it's doing - Because they have enablers in the West who enable them to justify whatever they doing. A large amount of common people are included in that influenced by the powerful Media.
Israel is a democratic state that can be held to account and sanctioned - Are their any examples of Israel being held to account OR sanctioned for their actions?
The Palestinians lose either way in this case and that's why they need to be moved to safety - I wouldn't blame anyone for not leaving their land due to fear that it'll never be returned to them due to past history lessons of the same. People who say Israel won land in wars in the past, will they say the same after Gaza is evacuated and Israel is allowed to build settlements?

Gaza for now is almost a terrorist state - Or is it an oppressed state? And fighting against oppression makes them terrorist? Dont confuse Hamas with Gaza, deliberately or unintentionally.
Israel will continue to justify doing whatever it's doing - Because they have enablers in the West who enable them to justify whatever they doing. A large amount of common people are included in that influenced by the powerful Media.
Israel is a democratic state that can be held to account and sanctioned - Are their any examples of Israel being held to account OR sanctioned for their actions?
The Palestinians lose either way in this case and that's why they need to be moved to safety - I wouldn't blame anyone for not leaving their land due to fear that it'll never be returned to them due to past history lessons of the same. People who say Israel won land in wars in the past, will they say the same after Gaza is evacuated and Israel is allowed to build settlements?
I'm not even going to bother to answer much of this.

Hamas runs Gaza, Hamas is a proscribed terrorist organisation, it is therefore a crime in the UK to support it.

So yes, for now it's a terrorist state.

Let's be honest Israel or the folk that run it is a Terriost organisation in all but name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.