Mike Dean death threats.

Why are all refs middle aged, overweight and balding? Surely they could be training up these lads who drop out of academies to keep them in the game? Obviously not all would want to, but surely its a win win to make a pathway for them? Some might even be fit enough to get out of the way of passes
Football league days we had various BAME officials. What's happened to them. Maybe @richardtheref can help answer that?

Just a cynical way of making a joke of a ref the victim, to deflect away any questions or finger pointing at the way pigmol conduct their business and it seems to have worked .

Football league days we had various BAME officials. What's happened to them. Maybe @richardtheref can help answer that?
There are a few in the FL, but only a very few. The head of diversity at the FA has previously seemed to suggest this is mainly becvause of religious reasons. I don't really know enough about religion to see why this would be the case. Some have suggested a lot of BAME people may be put off due to the fear of racism.
When I was starting out I used to be assistant in the Wearside league. The best ref I ever worked with got promoted to the FL. However, the next season the best referee was a Korean lady who worked at Durham Uni. Every ref you spoke to had a high opinion of her. Come the end of the season she was in the bottom band for assessors, even though she was top of the clubs markings. So the old boys in blazers basically stopped her progress. Same happened the next season and she wrapped in reffing in that league. 2012 and watching the Olympics and lo and behold who was reffing the semi final of the womens tournament. Now I have never been 100% sure if it was her sex or nationality that the assessors took a dislike to but I can understand if others have had similar experiences why there is not more.

There are a few in the FL, but only a very few. The head of diversity at the FA has previously seemed to suggest this is mainly becvause of religious reasons. I don't really know enough about religion to see why this would be the case. Some have suggested a lot of BAME people may be put off due to the fear of racism.
When I was starting out I used to be assistant in the Wearside league. The best ref I ever worked with got promoted to the FL. However, the next season the best referee was a Korean lady who worked at Durham Uni. Every ref you spoke to had a high opinion of her. Come the end of the season she was in the bottom band for assessors, even though she was top of the clubs markings. So the old boys in blazers basically stopped her progress. Same happened the next season and she wrapped in reffing in that league. 2012 and watching the Olympics and lo and behold who was reffing the semi final of the womens tournament. Now I have never been 100% sure if it was her sex or nationality that the assessors took a dislike to but I can understand if others have had similar experiences why there is not more.
Thank you for the insight. It seems the old farts in blazers still don't like change.

I was thinking about it as the standard look for a PL ref seems to be white bald men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.