Mike Dean

Chris in London said:
I thought Dean got a lot wrong last night. Welbeck Shrek and Giggs have been mentioned but there was also an elbow in the face from van Persie on Barry that he missed.

It's not the first time, either. He was the ref when we drew 1-1 at home to Arsenal -I thought he had a poor game then.

Yet we can't expect perfection from referees, they are only human. With mike dean he might not see everything he should and he might not give everything he should but I never get the sense that he is giving one team the benefit of the doubt and not the other, I never get the sense he let's one team get away with what he would pull up the other team for, I never get the sense that he will bottle giving one team decisions he would not hesitate to give the other.

I do get the sense that he calls it as he sees it. Sometimes he sees it wrong like the silva handball, but he gets one look at it real time, and not the many replays and slo-mos we get on the telly. The comparison with the refereeing display at the derby at our place where the referee was noticeably pro-rag (he of coursne has been noticeably pro rag before) could not be clearer.

I also thought the liners did well. Again they didn't get everything right, but they were not intimated by the scum, they gave what they saw.

All in all I thought the officials were not cowed or intimidated by the swamp or by Taggart or by the red scum surrounding them at every turn.

And we won.

Funny, that.

Totally agree, the officials cannot get all the decisions correct and should not be intimidated by players from either side into giving it more for one. I thought all the officials gave what they saw, which is not always what we see with the highlights but they were certainly not swayed by the pressure which most officials are and as it escalated near the end Mike Dean kept it in check and knew what they where up to, he kept calm.

Their frustration grew as we passed it about and the pressure grew on him from the players and crowd.
Officials have a huge impact on the outcome of close games and last night they did their jobs as they saw it not as they were told to do by their players and we WON.

He had a good game. Got the odd thing wrong but was right almost all of the rest ofthe time.

Big shout out to the linesman on the near side. Gave us everything. Throw-ins that weren't ours, a goal kick when Milner deflected an Evra shot and didn't flag Tévez offside. Great stuff! Haha buzzin! Bout time we had officials on our side, eh? And at the Swamp too, lol!

jaspercarrot_280_458364a.jpg

I never get why we concede fouls when out attackers try to win the ball in the air AND when our defenders do. It's inconsistent but all refs seem to do it to us.

He got stuff wrong, but no major errors really. Gary Neville was right in saying that it's hard to give Tevez offside given you have to be certain he was in his eyeline.

article-2306019-192F0CF1000005DC-974_634x468.jpg

Yellow for Barry? Should have been red, I mean look at Barry assaulting the illustrious and adulterous Ryan Giggs.

He got a bit airiated last night , Mr Giggs , didn't he ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.