Mike Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.
coulsonblue said:
they showed one of these meetings on either football focus or premier league world/preview a few weeks back.

I don't think there's anything very revelatory about them. Merely re-emphasising the rules and basically making up excuses as to why they are bound.

so if this so, why the hush, hush, crap from the attendees??

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
dom said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If this is a super confidential, invite only meeting for super huge blues, isn't the only answerable question 'how do you get invited and why'?

Pathetic , isn't it... secret seven

I've no idea whether it pathetic or not. I know nothing about it. Just asking the question.

Not for my benefit, if we totalled up who gets to most home and away games over the last few seasons then I certainly wouldn't be 'deserving' on that score. And I've not got much interest in hearing a rehash of the official FA/refereeing line in person.

Just wondered how it was 'chosen' though.

when you go to Points of Blue you put your email for contact, then we contacted asking if we wanted to go, we said yes and we went.

I'm certainly not the biggest blue by a million miles, I'm a young lad who just takes an interest and goes to games when I can.

Nothing special.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
dom said:
Pathetic , isn't it... secret seven

I've no idea whether it pathetic or not. I know nothing about it. Just asking the question.

Not for my benefit, if we totalled up who gets to most home and away games over the last few seasons then I certainly wouldn't be 'deserving' on that score. And I've not got much interest in hearing a rehash of the official FA/refereeing line in person.

Just wondered how it was 'chosen' though.

when you go to Points of Blue you put your email for contact, then we contacted asking if we wanted to go, we said yes and we went.

I'm certainly not the biggest blue by a million miles, I'm a young lad who just takes an interest and goes to games when I can.

Nothing special.

Fair enough. Cheers.

I've no problem with who gets an invite and who doesn't.

My only question is with the reluctance to share what was learned, what would be the repercussions should anyone care to divulge??

And.......

..... if you guys feel you couldn't share now, is there a chance that your information could be made public at a later date??

Just intrigued really!!!!

ctidcarl said:
I've no problem with who gets an invite and who doesn't.

My only question is with the reluctance to share what was learned, what would be the repercussions should anyone care to divulge??

And.......

..... if you guys feel you couldn't share now, is there a chance that your information could be made public at a later date??

Just intrigued really!!!!

Well, I reckon I wouldn't get invited, you can say what you like about that, but I enjoy going, discussing stuff with the club/people involved and trying to raise issues you guys on the forum have a gripe about, and bring back answers.

If I got told I could post it, I would, honestly. PB posted the thread in good faith as we've never been told to keep it private before, and it was only at the end that we got told to keep it quiet. It's not ideal and it probably got people's hopes up/fueled their little theories on special treatment or whatever, but if we'd all known before we went in that we couldn't post it up we wouldn't have made the thread, I'm sure of it.

Sorry guys, I don't know what else I can do about it.

So I take it after this meeting de Niro and the like will be more respectful to referees in the future ?!!!!

When I met Mason and listened to what he had to say from a refs point of view it did change my mind on how I viewed referees. They have a tough job and he did admit that they do make mistakes as there is so much going on in a game. He was pro video technology as well but not all refs are.

dom said:
So why the confidentiality thing???

Who has what to hide ???????

Well let me see now............. I have to hide my positivity because I KNOW that the Boys in Blue never give in............ and my admiration for a certain Mr Kompany............ and my even greater admiration for a certain Mr Richard Dunne................. and I know Moonchester (& now I even know BlueBird1) what else have I got to hide???? Well I should be in bed because I am not very well, but I can't sleep and just keep coughing and coughing and coughing............ is that enough for me to hide?? :-)

Sorry, this cough medicine must be making me giddy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.