Mike Summerbee.....

It's ok saying it like it is. It is ok supporting the team. It is completely different being on TV as a pundit to give an ex-pro's view of the game and being one eyed to the point of making yourself look daft. That is one of the many things we despise those other arrogant, miserable sick swan bastards for.

Like I say, I love Buzzer but surely he should now be secure and confident enough to know we as a club are not gonna go away and are a gonna shake things up.

At times last night I thought "my God, you're sounding just like Crerrand; please stop Mike."

danburge82 said:
Great Blue! He doesn't have to start sentences off with "I don't care what anybody says..." all the time but he's a top man.

Agreed. "Its as simple as that" ;-)

I was privelaged to see Mike play many times.He was a fantastic,tough skilful winger who took no crap and age has not mellowed him.Good on him and i hope he fights our corner and gets up the nose of all and sundry,just like the other pundits often get up mine,with their rag loving comments!

He also has a fantastic sense of humour and can laugh at himself.

He used to get loads of stick at Goodison for his big nose.Once when playing there,while taking a corner he was getting the usual abuse.He bent over and when he straightened up he had placed a huge plastic nose onto his real one.The Scousers cracked up laughing and gave him a round of applause.They loved him from that moment!

denislawsbackheel said:
all you lot who are criticising one of the trinity can fuck off.

THIS!

We've had the pleasure of meeting Buzzer on a few occasions and he's always come across as a real gentleman, who always has time to talk to Citizens.

I don't actually care if he comes across as biased; it seems OK by Sty for others to be like that.

And was John Richards, despite acknowledging our performance, anything other than one-eyed when it came to Wolves last night?

If sky really wanted their pundits to be nutural, they would not consistantly get club legends and the like on, who are obviously going to defend their club. If they wanted no bias they would get randomers with no real bias, but then that would be boring wouldent it!!!

Carry on telling 'em how it is Mike Summerbee.

Buzzer has been my idol since I was a teenager. I always said in them days that if I had a wife and found him in bed with her I would tuck him in and tell him to have a good time.

Seeing him and that team then had the same effect on me as watching this team now. Except, I'm safe now, nobody in our team now would want to sleep with my geriatric wife.

Chippy_boy said:
I find him a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.

There's loyalty and support and maybe even a touch of favoritism - all good stuff.

But when it comes to blinkered arrogance and blind stupidity then it becomes embarrassing. The guy clearly is very passionate, but also comes across as being extremely bitter.

I do have a tendency to agree with you however, I can understand why he is so passionate and defensive, as he has had to listen as we have to all the vile that has/is put about our great club by ignorant pundits who are so shit scared of the success we will enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.