milner can join

Milner is not a consistance player yet. He reminds me of Ireland. Was struggling to find consistance form before last season. Last season does not mean he will reproduce it again this year just like Ireland last year. Defenders will be more aware of him next season than ever before just like Ireland this season it is how you react to the added attention. 10 goals last season 4 from penos and a free kick or two he scored more from setpieces than open play. Compare with Ireland from 2 seasons ago he hit 13 goals in total all from play. If we can get that Ireland back to form he will be starting every game this season.
To give him as part of a deal is a no go for me. Milner because he is English is over valued and sadly thats the way it will be for a long time with only a few worth there transfer fee. City shouldnt give away players for little or nothing they should get the best deal both ways coming to the club or leaving like Barca and Valencia both did with Yaya and Silva deals.

Ireland was abysmal last year, Milner had his best season. We`ll get far more out of Milner over the next few years. Could be our best signing this summer

leighton said:
Milner is not a consistance player yet. He reminds me of Ireland. Was struggling to find consistance form before last season. Last season does not mean he will reproduce it again this year just like Ireland last year. Defenders will be more aware of him next season than ever before just like Ireland this season it is how you react to the added attention. 10 goals last season 4 from penos and a free kick or two he scored more from setpieces than open play. Compare with Ireland from 2 seasons ago he hit 13 goals in total all from play. If we can get that Ireland back to form he will be starting every game this season.
To give him as part of a deal is a no go for me. Milner because he is English is over valued and sadly thats the way it will be for a long time with only a few worth there transfer fee. City shouldnt give away players for little or nothing they should get the best deal both ways coming to the club or leaving like Barca and Valencia both did with Yaya and Silva deals.

I disagree. Milner has been effective for many seasons whilst Ireland is either brilliant or useless. "If" we can get that Ireland form back... "If" being the important factor. Milner is a more calculated risk. I don't think he has the issues Ireland has.

I wouldn't step in Ireland's way if he forced through a move to Sunderland. I'd object to any immediate rival for a Top 4 slot, though.

OMFG......i cant believe people are saying they dont want Milner...honestly, wtf????????

Oh right, i guess you guys want Mido? Or bringing back vassell?

LYNX said:
OMFG......i cant believe people are saying they dont want Milner...honestly, wtf????????

Oh right, i guess you guys want Mido? Or bringing back vassell?

No,they want messi and ronaldo,the bandwagon glory hunters are easy to spot.

leighton said:

What a stupid opening line "Milner is not a consistant player yet"
Remind us all, who won last seasons "PFA Young Player Of The Year ??"
You know,that award which is voted by your fellow proffesionals.
So you know better than those people.
Methinks Paul the Octypus knows more than you !!!!!!

It’s absolutely vital to City that we DON’T put in another offer for Milner. 20 million would be fair with the City price hikes, but 30 shows we’re willing to be taken for a ride

We should be past the days of Hughes acting like a dog with a bone, and if they don’t sell for the price we want then we move on

It would make a massive statement if we just said “take it or leave it”, then moved elsewhere

I like milner and think he can bring a good work ethic to our team.....he is not worth £20 mill though and a cash plus player deal (Ireland) is ridiculous unless the cash element is around £8 mill.

Ireland has only had 1 good season at city, but I believe he will be more settled this season as there will be less pressure on him to produce the goods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.