Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randystand said:
Hi guys, I'm a villa fan, not looking to cause an argument, just adding my view to the argument. The argument with the other Villa fan was pathetic and embarrassing on the villa fans part to be honest. Anyway, what I think:

James Milner is a level headed guy, a real professional and he will do what is right for his career. Forget the money aspect, I have to look at it like this. It pains me to say it, but the fella has got a better chance at Man City to win silverware than at Villa Park. I can see why Gareth Barry moved ( although he didn't have a great year did he?). The money is obviously the turning point for you guys. We have Randy lerner, who I wouldn't change for any other owner in the country, but with your money it is very hard to keep up. I think we have done very well the past two years to be fighting for fourth right till the wire. Since Randy and Martin came to the club they have transformed us from relegation battlers to top six finish every year. It's some achievement in only four years and is a long way from the dark days of Doug Ellis and O'Leary.

In James Milner you will be getting a hard working, gutsy player who is a model pro. He won't be causing you any controversies like other players and will truly be sad to see him go. In the real world, he's not worth 30m and MON should run with that money, you cant turn That down. It pains me to admit it but money has changed football and we are a massive club with some sort of decent financial backing but it is just not a level playing field and we just can't keep up with you I'm afraid. I love my football club and will never tire of seeing them play. All I hope with James Milner is that he remembers who got him to where is now and that's Aston Villa and Martin O'Neill. He wasn't half the player before he joined us. Its frustrating how our big players seemed to get poached all the while but thats football. No player is bigger than the club and Aston Villa will move onwards and upwards.

Good luck next season fellas, no doubt we will still be in the mix with you guys challenging for top four, look forward to it.

:-)
great post mate and welcome.agree that lerner and o`neill have been a great partnership for villa and p`neill has a brilliant track record in the transfer market so am sure with the figure being said for milner he`ll get 3-4 class players in for you.

Randystand said:
Hi guys, I'm a villa fan, not looking to cause an argument, just adding my view to the argument. The argument with the other Villa fan was pathetic and embarrassing on the villa fans part to be honest. Anyway, what I think:

James Milner is a level headed guy, a real professional and he will do what is right for his career. Forget the money aspect, I have to look at it like this. It pains me to say it, but the fella has got a better chance at Man City to win silverware than at Villa Park. I can see why Gareth Barry moved ( although he didn't have a great year did he?). The money is obviously the turning point for you guys. We have Randy lerner, who I wouldn't change for any other owner in the country, but with your money it is very hard to keep up. I think we have done very well the past two years to be fighting for fourth right till the wire. Since Randy and Martin came to the club they have transformed us from relegation battlers to top six finish every year. It's some achievement in only four years and is a long way from the dark days of Doug Ellis and O'Leary.

In James Milner you will be getting a hard working, gutsy player who is a model pro. He won't be causing you any controversies like other players and will truly be sad to see him go. In the real world, he's not worth 30m and MON should run with that money, you cant turn That down. It pains me to admit it but money has changed football and we are a massive club with some sort of decent financial backing but it is just not a level playing field and we just can't keep up with you I'm afraid. I love my football club and will never tire of seeing them play. All I hope with James Milner is that he remembers who got him to where is now and that's Aston Villa and Martin O'Neill. He wasn't half the player before he joined us. Its frustrating how our big players seemed to get poached all the while but thats football. No player is bigger than the club and Aston Villa will move onwards and upwards.

Good luck next season fellas, no doubt we will still be in the mix with you guys challenging for top four, look forward to it.

I,m sure if the deal goes throuh the money you get will be wisely spent..

good level headed post by the way.. good luck 2 u 2. :)

samharris said:
Randystand said:

I,m sure if the deal goes throuh the money you get will be wisely spent..

good level headed post by the way.. good luck 2 u 2. :)

couldnt agree more with your post fella 30 mill on milner is alot but we got a premium on what we got to pay on our targets and by this you will also have that affect on your transfer targets if you get 30 mill for milner i think youve got a fantastic 11 but squad is a little thin but you will be in the mix good luck

Randystand said:

very good post mate and unlike some on here you sound like a true football fan (in some ways I am envious of you as the money has changed a lot of what being a City fan has always been about); anyway a good and balanced post, and to be fair your fans in general have a lot more class about them than the idiots across your city, which is something we will always have in common. I agree with you about Milner by the way; I have spoken to a few Villa fans and they all rate him very highly (some on here think he is beneath where City are going, I disagree with them)<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:10 pm --<br /><br />
Randystand said:

IF he does come to us though do us a favour on the Villa forums - ask them not to boo him like was done to Darius and Gareth - they are both decent guys who moved for their own reasons, but they did not deserve the abuse (not from you I would imagine based on the balanced and rational nature of your post)

Randystand said:

cheers fella, well summed up really.

i will warn you, dunny will score an OG sometime next season, he does 1 a season, i thought that last season it wasn't gonna happen, then he rolled up with a bullet header last game! lol

good luck to you to aswell.

ST Coleridge said:
Milner will be ace. Fact. Exactly what we were lacking last season.

Shite against USA, mind.

I think he was still carrying a bit of that virus he had..

samharris said:
ST Coleridge said:
Milner will be ace. Fact. Exactly what we were lacking last season.

Shite against USA, mind.

I think he was still carrying a bit of that virus he had..

This.

When it shown him sat on the bench, he didn't look very well to be honest.

The winger was giving him a hard time and he looked absolutely knackered after 20 minutes, shouldn't of been in the team for that game, another one of capellos pathetic stupid decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.