Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree, Lescott wasn't worth the 22m but he is a solid defender, never looks clumsy, never gets beaten in the air, reads it well and always keeps it simple. Vincent has got strength and an awful lot of class, but he's not nailed it yet... he looks in total control one week, the next he looks exactly like a midfielder filling in at CB. For example, I thought he had no problems dealing with Rooney at COMS. But against Crouch and Defoe he looked a bit clumsy and never really dealt with the threat.

I'm not sure I'd say Lescott was better 'technically', as to me good technique keeping the ball under control without any fuss. Vinnie's really good at that, always has been. Jolean's okay for a defender, but you couldn't see him playing DM with the same efficiency.

Chick Counterfly said:
I have to agree, Lescott wasn't worth the 22m but he is a solid defender, never looks clumsy, never gets beaten in the air, reads it well and always keeps it simple. Vincent has got strength and an awful lot of class, but he's not nailed it yet... he looks in total control one week, the next he looks exactly like a midfielder filling in at CB. For example, I thought he had no problems dealing with Rooney at COMS. But against Crouch and Defoe he looked a bit clumsy and never really dealt with the threat.

I'm not sure I'd say Lescott was better 'technically', as to me good technique keeping the ball under control without any fuss. Vinnie's really good at that, always has been. Jolean's okay for a defender, but you couldn't see him playing DM with the same efficiency.

f*** me for a minute there I though I was in the Milner thread

BlueTillDeath said:

EXACTLY. We all know Kompany is a much much better player than Lescott, more versitile and none of the injury problems. He cost what a quarter of the price ?

.[/quote

-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 am --

EXACTLY. We all know Kompany is a much much better player than Lescott, more versitile and none of the injury problems. He cost what a quarter of the price ?

.[/quote

im sorry lads, but lescotts a better player than kompany, aerialy, technically and mentally. i love komps but i dont feel he's as good as lescott when hes fit. Komps is learning in that CB role and i hope he and joleon play there as a pair next year, but he looked out of his depth againt certain players last year ( as did toure ) like rooney and drogba. whereas lescott has the ability to cope with those players when hes not on the treatment tabe. game of opinions mate but iknow what i look for in a CB and lescott has it
I neither strongly agree nor do i strongly disagree. My point is, there isn't that much between them when you take everything into account.

ono said:
BlueTillDeath said:

.[/quote

-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 am --

.[/quote

im sorry lads, but lescotts a better player than kompany, aerialy, technically and mentally. i love komps but i dont feel he's as good as lescott when hes fit. Komps is learning in that CB role and i hope he and joleon play there as a pair next year, but he looked out of his depth againt certain players last year ( as did toure ) like rooney and drogba. whereas lescott has the ability to cope with those players when hes not on the treatment tabe. game of opinions mate but iknow what i look for in a CB and lescott has it
I neither strongly agree nor do i strongly disagree. My point is, there isn't that much between them when you take everything into account.

whats all this got to do with a Milner thread?

Rammyblues said:
Hopefully he will sign next week along with Kolorov and Alves.

Is that what you wish for or what you think will happen?

If we do get these 3 then i would put my bollocks on us going for the title. We'd have two quality players in each position.

BringBackSwales said:
ono said:

whats all this got to do with a Milner thread?
If you read back you'll see that we were comparing the price and quality of Lescott to Kompany and relating it to how there must be better value of player out there than Milner. If that's ok with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.