Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lee-mcfc said:
Aussie! said:
Dont care what anyone says. 20mil is the MAX you would pay for Miler- any higher and we are getting taken as a joke.
thats what i keep on saying.

just hope he stays at villa or moves to chelsea or whatever

Despite what i've said, at the end of the day, its the Sheik's money and Im not going to tell him how to spend his money, especially if its aimed at improving the club.

NewbBlue said:
Why do we need Milner at this point? If we've got Yaya, De Jong, Silva, and Johnson, this just seems excessive.

Only thing I can think of is the homegrown rule. Milner puts some really outstanding crosses in the box, but Boateng marked him out of the game against Germany.

Wouldn't be disappointed, though, since his production is unquestioned.

Trust me, Milner does not put amazing balls in the box.

He puts 1 good cross in out of every 10.

Tez Tosterone said:
ono said:
Joke of a price for an average player imo. Still i'll get behind him and i hope he proves me wrong.

A much better argument could be made for signing Ashley Young from Villa, a much better prospect for many and a genuine England prospect. When Capello starts his clearout of those who will now be deemed as surplus to requirements as the national team rebuilding gets underway, I fully expect Young and Adam Johnson to be two in the 17 picked for the next fixture in August.

He's wank, rather have Milner.

We won't be buying him for crosses, though, we'll be buying him for midfield running - he won the Young Player of the Year award for being a box to boxer with good passing/shooting.

I'd welcome Milner, though of course it's too much money. It's been widely posited here that we'll be playing a diamond/3-1-2 this season, so that would leave us -

Holder - De Jong, Barry, Kompany, Vieira
Up & Downers - Toure, Barry, Milner, Vieira, M. Johnson
The Hole - Silva, Ireland, Tevez, A. Johnson (floating about)

We've definitely got room for The Milnernator.

FishFoot said:
NewbBlue said:
Why do we need Milner at this point? If we've got Yaya, De Jong, Silva, and Johnson, this just seems excessive.

Only thing I can think of is the homegrown rule. Milner puts some really outstanding crosses in the box, but Boateng marked him out of the game against Germany.

Wouldn't be disappointed, though, since his production is unquestioned.

Trust me, Milner does not put amazing balls in the box.

He puts 1 good cross in out of every 10.

He managed to get 3rd most assists in the league last season (12) and also scored 7 goals. Not too bad I don't think it's just the fee which we are going to have to pay which bothers me.

i would be quite pleased if we signed Milner, i think he's the type of player we're lacking in midfield a real work horse with a bit of skill and steel. £30m or whatever is however very steep, Martin O'Neil and Randy Lerner will be laughing all the way to the bank. We will however have the last laugh as we will be challenging for the top and Villa will still be holding on to Europa League place, so i wouldnt worry fellow blues we're moving in the right direction with this sort of signing. you also have to remember there's a City tax on everything we touch at the moment and English players are at a premium

Tez Tosterone said:
ono said:
Joke of a price for an average player imo. Still i'll get behind him and i hope he proves me wrong.

A much better argument could be made for signing Ashley Young from Villa, a much better prospect for many and a genuine England prospect. When Capello starts his clearout of those who will now be deemed as surplus to requirements as the national team rebuilding gets underway, I fully expect Young and Adam Johnson to be two in the 17 picked for the next fixture in August.

I think we're after Milner because he can play in central midfield, and even as an attacking full-back, as well as on the wing.

really not worth 28 million, good player, but I fear its the price is the result of the new english rule, which is pushing up prices for average english players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.