Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluesoup said:
Villan said:
Someone over on Villatalk who is "in the know" has said that it is all done and that 28M is the fee. He never gets anything wrong and usually breaks a transfer or news from the club at least a day before it it official.

Couldn't care less about the fee. What I care about is 'can he create some sparkle'...

Sparkle? No, he isn't a player that will make you go wow. What he is though, is a player that on a wet Wednesday night in the North East will give 100%. Something i feel you are distinctly lacking in.

£28 M is a lot of money, and Villa have done well if this is true. But I'd rather have the player than money in the bank.

It's players the fans come to watch and Milner is one of the best English midfielders. Lampard is perhaps more valuable, but Milner is better at what he does than Gerrard now, and is younger, and can play almost anywhere.

£28,000,000 is stupid money for Milner but given his nationality and the steel he'll add to midfield he may prove to be worth it in the long-term. I think he'll have a lot of unconvinced City fans to get on board though.

Marvin said:
£28 M is a lot of money, and Villa have done well if this is true. But I'd rather have the player than money in the bank.

It's players the fans come to watch and Milner is one of the best English midfielders. Lampard is perhaps more valuable, but Milner is better at what he does than Gerrard now, and is younger, and can play almost anywhere.

sorry to disagree mate,but milner aint half the player gerrard is.

gerrard is world class.

can you say the same about milner?

If we are paying £28m for Milner when we only paid £25m for Toure and £24m for Silva is fucking ridiculous. We should just try and get the best out of Ireland who I think is a better player rather than spend that much on a player who has only ever really had one great season.

bluemoon201164 said:
Marvin said:

gerrard is world class.

Gerrard used to be world class. He's not anymore.

C_T_I_D said:
bluemoon201164 said:

gerrard is world class.

Gerrard used to be world class. He's not anymore.

if you put gerrard in the centre of our midfield he would be world class,gerrard as carried liverpool on his back for years.

put him in our team with the players we have an you would see a different gerrard.

Nedum isn't going to Villa. He's going for talks with Everton, whether he goes there is another thing as he'd have to take a pay cut there.

C_T_I_D said:
£28,000,000 is stupid money for Milner but given his nationality and the steel he'll add to midfield he may prove to be worth it in the long-term. I think he'll have a lot of unconvinced City fans to get on board though.
Then mancini is a lot more knowledgeable about what it takes to create a winning team than these sceptics.

games are won through workrate, team spirit, and by players who can create and score goals. Every fan loves watching a Le Tisser or a Hoddle, but don't dismiss Milner's own ability (remember those crosses), and he puts a shift in.

Players like Essien, and formerly makele were regarded as the heart of Chelsea's title winning teams and most successful teams have unselfish players like these who perform consistently week after week for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.