Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awol Villa said:
Afternoon all, here in peace to discuss the Milner deal from a Villa perspective.

If the news is right that City will not bid anymore than 24 million then I'm pretty confident that he'll be staying with us.

You lot may not think he's even worth that but Jimmy is invaluable to our team and anything less than 30 million would make it a no brainer for us not to sell.

I'm pretty sure with the talent you've already brought in that you'll do just fine without him next season, but I'm absolutely sure that Villa will be a stronger team with Milner pulling the strings in central midfield.

welcome awol villa
can you please explain to some on here exactly what james milner is about and what he offers villa
the reason i ask is some on here can't get past the fee villa want(and keep comparing him to krasic, ozil, scnieder, etc and for me he is nothing like these players), the fact he did not do to well at the WC but which england player did, basically just give us an incite into what we will be getting if our bid is accepted
cheers in advance

i have a feeling that Milner has never been a Mancini target. Perhaps boardroom or Kidd, but not Mancini.

For one, i dont think mancini had that many months to look at Milner anyway. He has been following PL yes but I doubt he followed the majority of the players.

BobKowalski said:

Firstly Milner is our 'must buy' this season.

Secondly you actually do need work horses albeit Milner is a talented and versatile workhorse and crucially has the mentality that Marwood/Mancini are looking for.

Thirdly it is Marwood driving this purchase as much as anyone else and I cannot see him walking away from this. Nor should he either.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
its always nice to see that there are some who post that actually understand what is required to make a successful team
you won't win fuck all with out graft and i am not talking carlton palmer graft

What many people seem to be missing is value of a player is related to many factors, not just their ability, not least of that being what a team themselves think he is worth. For example take SWP we didn't want to sell so Chelsea had to pay 22m for him, when he came back Chelsea wanted rid so we paid well less than half that for the same player. That doesn't mean I think we should pay 30m for Milner, but if thats what both clubs value the move at thats what he is worth.

yozzer said:
Awol Villa said:
Afternoon all, here in peace to discuss the Milner deal from a Villa perspective.

If the news is right that City will not bid anymore than 24 million then I'm pretty confident that he'll be staying with us.

You lot may not think he's even worth that but Jimmy is invaluable to our team and anything less than 30 million would make it a no brainer for us not to sell.

I'm pretty sure with the talent you've already brought in that you'll do just fine without him next season, but I'm absolutely sure that Villa will be a stronger team with Milner pulling the strings in central midfield.
enjoy 8th this season dude
No need for that. He's come here to discuss things in a friendly manner and you go and make us all look like arrogant pricks.

Villa won't be 8th, especially if we pay them a ridiculous 30m for Milner and they go and spend it on several decent players.

And on the issue of grafters - we've got grafters. Hughes spent over 200m on loads of them, which left us with absolutely no creativity.

Awol Villa said:

Welcome. :)

I think he's a good player, he demonstrated his ability to put crosses in the box at World Cup.

But our midfield is so crowded now with Silva, Yaya, Johnson, Nigel, Ireland, etc. Don't want Nigel traded, either, so wouldn't mind this deal falling through.

Blue Train said:
yozzer said:
No need for that. He's come here to discuss things in a friendly manner and you go and make us all look like arrogant pricks.

Villa won't be 8th, especially if we pay them a ridiculous 30m for Milner and they go and spend it on several decent players.

And on the issue of grafters - we've got grafters. Hughes spent over 200m on loads of them, which left us with absolutely no creativity.
This^^^^^^^^^ and I assume your having Liverpool and Everton overtake them and I really can't see that happening.

Blue Train said:
yozzer said:

how do you buy several decent players with 30 mill we never have in the past<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Train said:
yozzer said:

how do you buy several decent players with 30 mill we never have in the past

TheLegendOfBerti said:
we have enough workhorses.

who exactly?

we have barry works hard but looks like he has lead in his boots and not the most mobile does not keep us ticking in the middle
we have dejong a true battler and warrior but can't pick a pass to save his life also not the quickest does not keep us ticking in the middle
we have veira past his best still has plenty of experiance won't play enough and does not keep us ticking in the middle
we have ireland picks a pass decent energy but can't be relied on to keep us ticking in the middle

can't say at the moment what toure and silva(not a workhorse) will be like as we don't no for sure were they will play ie left, attacking, silva, holding, box to box, toure

i think milner will offer a bit of all the above if we sign him and will compliment the likes of silva allowing him to do what he needs to do he will keep us ticking in the middle which is something we struggled with last season that is why i think he will be a good signing and is more than just a workhorse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.