Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Train said:
yozzer said:
enjoy 8th this season dude
No need for that. He's come here to discuss things in a friendly manner and you go and make us all look like arrogant pricks.

Villa won't be 8th, especially if we pay them a ridiculous 30m for Milner and they go and spend it on several decent players.

And on the issue of grafters - we've got grafters. Hughes spent over 200m on loads of them, which left us with absolutely no creativity.
Indeed, it's quite annoying the way certain posters are so arrogant to opposition supporters on here.

As for Milner, good player but we should only really be looking to pay what we originally bid which obviously isn't enough for Villa, we should just move on and try and get the best out of Ireland.

milner last season at villa was there best player playing alongside petrov as a box to box midfielder who scores and can pass. de jong is a great tackler and barry a good passer but neither can do both i think he would partner yaya in midfield and give us one hell of a midfield with the legwork to go with it.Also if we get kolarov and maybe another attacking fullback we can play more central midfield type players and use the full backs as the width because we would have the defence and midfield to cover.the team then would have mancini stamp on it being very hard to beat.And with liverpool and man united seemingly being on the decline we have a great chance for some silverware this year and the rags can get rid of that flag because the wait could soon be over .

I can't believe the stick Milner is getting on here even before he's pulled a blue shirt on. Yes if we pay over 20 mill it will be overpriced but thats not his fault. If he does sign then give him a chance ffs. He had a great season and hopefully if he signed for us he'd continue that form. Just seems like people already have a boo boy lined up for next year and its out of order.

BlueForever123 said:
I can't believe the stick Milner is getting on here even before he's pulled a blue shirt on. Yes if we pay over 20 mill it will be overpriced but thats not his fault. If he does sign then give him a chance ffs. He had a great season and hopefully if he signed for us he'd continue that form. Just seems like people already have a boo boy lined up for next year and its out of order.

smacks a bit of the bellamy signing to me and what a shit signing that was haha

BlueForever123 said:

Well just have to wait and see won't we, he deserves a chance. But if hes shit after spurs and liverpool then i will not be impressed!

This smacks a little of the ill fated pursuit of Terry from last summer, and also to a certain extent Liverpool's pursuit of Barry two years ago...

If the manager feels he needs a player like Milner, I hope that the club have identified at least one back up option...

I've read all the discussions regarding whether he's worth the prices quoted, and to be honest, looking at the make up of our squad currently, I think he probably is...

BillyShears said:
This smacks a little of the ill fated pursuit of Terry from last summer, and also to a certain extent Liverpool's pursuit of Barry two years ago...

If the manager feels he needs a player like Milner, I hope that the club have identified at least one back up option...

I've read all the discussions regarding whether he's worth the prices quoted, and to be honest, looking at the make up of our squad currently, I think he probably is...

spot on m8 ive gone blue in the face trying to get this point across we do not have anybody in the squad like milner and we need him the price is high but he will become vital next season in certain games and we have to accept we wont get him cheap from another premiership club!

What Jimmy Milner brings:

First off, to get the best value you'd have to play him centrally or behind a striker. His work rate is unbelievable. I don't say that lightly, he is a shagging Trojan and will be everywhere, setting up goals or making a last ditch tackle in defence. I've been following the Villa for over twenty years - you might have got lucky wth the Sheik but real City fans no what "bad times" really means! - and Jimmy is a talent without parallel in my experience.

He's wasted on the wing, JM would thrive as the guy threading everything together from the middle, he's got a mean shot but also this vision and unselfishness to create assist after assist. He really is Barry X 10 and would be an outstanding signing. That said I pray to god we don't sell because I know we wouldn't have a hope of replacing him with a player of equal quality. I understand the desire to sign a Schnijder type midfielder but I firmly believe Jimmy will be the next England Captain. The example he sets is superb and he has a Gerrardesque quality to drag the rest of a struggling team with him.

Watching Villa week in week out you start to appreciate exactly what he brings to the table and I'll be gutted if you snatch him. Barry was always replaceable, Mr Milner is not - at least not with anyone we could attract.

Citeh are now a team to take seriously, no doubt about that. As a rival in the top 4 pretenders league, losing Jimmy would be a kick in the swingers we'd really struggle to recover from next season.

I pray your mob get bored and move on, if you do I'm still confident we can give you a run for your money. If not, we're screwed imho.

Either way, good luck to you. Hopefully between us and Spurs we can put them horrible Scouse words removed out of business for good.

Rgds.

FreddieBoswell7 on Twitter

"Aston Villa have told Man City they will accept a player in part exchange for James Milner about 8 hours ago via web"

If true, at least it would take some of the heat off us by lowering the transfer fee hopefully below 20 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.