Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
FreddieBoswell7 on Twitter

"Aston Villa have told Man City they will accept a player in part exchange for James Milner about 8 hours ago via web"

If true, at least it would take some of the heat off us by lowering the transfer fee hopefully below 20 mil.

....so 19mil and stevie ireland, then......

BlueForever123 said:
I can't believe the stick Milner is getting on here even before he's pulled a blue shirt on. Yes if we pay over 20 mill it will be overpriced but thats not his fault. If he does sign then give him a chance ffs. He had a great season and hopefully if he signed for us he'd continue that form. Just seems like people already have a boo boy lined up for next year and its out of order.
I don't think he's getting too much stick really, the point most people are making is that they feel he's not worth £30m. If the price was £20m I think most would agree that he would be a good signing, and bring something to the team.

BlueForever123 said:
I can't believe the stick Milner is getting on here even before he's pulled a blue shirt on. Yes if we pay over 20 mill it will be overpriced but thats not his fault. If he does sign then give him a chance ffs. He had a great season and hopefully if he signed for us he'd continue that form. Just seems like people already have a boo boy lined up for next year and its out of order.

CORRECT. Great post mate

malg said:
BlueForever123 said:
I don't think he's getting too much stick really, the point most people are making is that they feel he's not worth £30m. If the price was £20m I think most would agree that he would be a good signing, and bring something to the team.

Quite right MalG, and the other thing to consider is if he were being touted at £20M; clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him. I think our opening bid of £24M was on the money, unfortunately for us Villa don't need to sell. We will feel hard done by until he pulls on the shirt and does his talking on the pitch.

I think the £20M plus a player isn't bad, the real negotiation however will be getting them to accept a player we're trying to offload!

The thing is that this is like the Lescott deal. If the players head is turned, then you let him go because you won't get the best performances out of him and I reckon Milner would want to come to (or at least have the chance to speak to) City. If they're trying to get the best price, who can blame them? But to keep an unhappy player is plain daft!

dayvo said:
malg said:

Quite right MalG, and the other thing to consider is if he were being touted at £20M; clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him. I think our opening bid of £24M was on the money, unfortunately for us Villa don't need to sell. We will feel hard done by until he pulls on the shirt and does his talking on the pitch.

I think the £20M plus a player isn't bad, the real negotiation however will be getting them to accept a player we're trying to offload!

Opening bid was £18m + £2m.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Ned is the player in question.

That would make sense all round, Villa are short of right backs and he has played there for us.

In terms of Milner I think he's a good player who had an outstanding season last year, whether he can hit those heights next season, hopefully....as long as thats playing for us and not Villa.

I think the money is over the top if its over £20 million, but he's still young, English and its City doing the buying so the price is always going to be high with those factors. Personally I'd rather include Ned and keep the fee down as O'Neil's a wizard in the transfer market and I don't want City to finance their spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.