Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more and more I look at the squad list I cant really see where Swp and Nedum fit in now.

Nedum was very stupid he burned his bridges beyond repair slagging off the manger on Soccer AM. SWP is moaning about being on £65k a week with 3 years left on his contract, hes got his dad constantly slagging us off on his radio show. He wants £100k a week apparently and an extension to 5 years !

We have Bellamy, Silva, Johnson that can play wide, Silva and Johnson are 2 footed. Milner can play right across the centre left and right. Thats 4 wide players how many do we actually need ? Are we even going to play 2 wide players every game ? Probably not.

If Milner is signed one of the wide players has to go, Bellamy is older and injury prone but a much much better player, we only really need another season out of him and we should be where we want and can then sign a better younger version of him. Obviously Johnson is a much better long term prospect.

Wouldnt be surprised if they both end up at Villa TBH, thing is can they afford their wages ? Over £100k a week for those 2.

I cant get excited about Milner personally I think hes desperately average and it looks like we will be paying twice what hes actually worth, but looking at the other players we are signing its impoosible to complain about anything transfer wise at the moment.

O'Neill on SSN said he is hopeful that Milner will stay at Villa. This saga is dragging onnnnnnnnnn...

We should submit our final bid and then move on to other targets or just be happy with what we have.

I'm fairly certain he will be yours within a couple of weeks. Probably £ 25 Mill or something, but I really have no idea when it comes to price. Just can't see MON saying what he said unless he knew it was going to happen.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has admitted it will be difficult to keep James Milner out of the clutches of Manchester City if the midfielder wants to go.

Villa rejected one approach from City - believed to be for around £20million - before the World Cup, but the Eastlands club are expected to step up their interest once again.

An improved offer could be too high for Villa to refuse and O'Neill today appeared to open the door for the 23-year-old's departure.

"Eventually if players do want to leave the football club, or any football club for that matter, then it becomes more difficult than ever before," O'Neill told Sky Sports News.

"But what I will say is we have a better chance of performing in the manner in which we did last season if we could keep the best players and James Milner comes into that equation."

Milner, Villa's record signing at £12million from Newcastle, has two years left on his current contract, but has so far declined to sign an extension offered to him this summer.

15m + Onuoha and Richards.
That would ammount to 25m: Onuoha 5m, Richards 5m.

We get Jimmy Milner, making our mid even better, while Veella get the Ol' World Class trio of Dunne, Onuoha and Richards, further hampering their Top 4 hopes, Splendid!!

S.E.H said:

We get Jimmy Milner, making our mid even better, while Veella get the Ol' World Class trio of Dunne, Onuoha and Richards, further hampering their Top 4 hopes, Splendid!!

Even though he may not be better, Richards is worth more than 5m considering the English premium we are being expected to pay for Milner.

LoveCity said:
S.E.H said:

Even though he may not be better, Richards is worth more than 5m considering the English premium we are being expected to pay for Milner.

Richards is worth easily 10 million in todays markets. Yes he has lost his way but the lad was a full England international not so long ago and certainly wouldnt do any worse than Glenn Johnson who is valued at 20 million because he can hit the odd spectacular goal.

Our resident office rag lost the plot today for some reason, and insisted that we were going to pay £15 mill for Milner plus Onuha, plus Ireland. Don't know where he got his info but he was quite annoyed. Kept saying Ireland and Onuha were fantastic players and Milner isn't. All of which may or may not be true but could you imagine a rag praising our home grown talent if that home grown talent was the only thing we had because we couldn't afford to buy?. Don't think so. Rag double standards, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.