Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cityfan said:
BlueTurban said:
I hadn't realised how many assists Johnson got! In half a season! If he had played the 1st half of the season in the same form he'd have finished with the most assists!
Were they all premiership assists? In some lists of leading scorers they count goals in other divisions where a player has moved during a season.

If his Goals tally is at 13, then yes.

Did well to score 12 for Boro in half a season too.

That boy is going to be one of the best english wingers in a while i rekon.

Great attitude, superb effort, would be an amazing signing.

Possible England captain?

our Stevie G??

you can't compare him like for like with Ireland IMO.

If you play 1 on 1 Milner wins every time but Ireland has that something

Would like to see Ireland given another season to try and regain form but think Milner could be our best signing this season

mike channon´s windmill said:
If MON gets 25m for Milner I think he will make a cheeky bid for Wilshere - Villa would be perfect for him - guaranteed starts and a playmaker
What makes you think Arsenal would sell him?

If MON gets 25m for Milner I think he will make a cheeky bid for Wilshere - Villa would be perfect for him - guaranteed starts and a playmaker
He has Delph to replace him already, plus there are rumours of Parker going there as well, I think Villa need to go all out for a twenty goal a season striker, which are very hard to come by these days.

ST Coleridge said:
Giles said:
They tried Communism, mate. Nice idea in theory but it didn't work.

Yeah, but in the US, where they totally don't dig Communism, they're obsessed with parity in their sports. Last place in the league gets first pick of the next season's college draft, they have wage caps and so on. It's geared to making the game competitive, and thus exciting to watch.

I can tell you from experience that as far as the NHL is concerned, this aproach is a bad idea. The best thing that could happen in hockey, is that teams stop being rewarded for finishing lower in the league. If teams that finished bottom of the table were relegated Toronto Maple Leafs might have had some incentive to win something instead of getting a deccent draft pick. There's nothing exciting about watching a team go through the motions all season long so that they get their pick of the next crop of talent (who they usually trade away to a bigger team anyway).

Arsenal won't sell him. Wenger might have a thing for selling youngsters before they pay off for the team but even he's not that stupid to do it in this case. Wilshere is their future Lampard IMO.

Marvin said:
What makes you think Arsenal would sell him?

Will Wenger play him ? If not, then what? Might depend on whether Cesc stays or goes. People are now talking of him in England terms after half a season at Notlob - if Wenger can´t guarantee him a start does he ask to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.