Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wont be happening this week if at all lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6280388,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 88,00.html</a>

Finally a quote (in bold below) from Mancini that shows his true valuation of Milner.

City boss Mancini is still interested in Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner, although he insisted the club would not be held to ransom.

"When Manchester City enquire about a £10m player, the club asks for £20m. That is not good for us," stated Mancini.

"James is still a player who interests us but only at the right price."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8853856.stm

It blows my mind that people think Ireland + £15m for Milner would be a good deal. He's not worth more than £15-18m even being English. He's not a player that would make an impact in the squad like Yaya or Silva, so doesn't command the same fee those players did in my opinion.

You know one thing about villa they can be stubborn, they stuck to there guns when everyone said barry was going to liverpool, it didn't happen because they never reached there valuation of him

SunJihai said:
I really hope we can just forget about him and move on to another target (If we even need a new signing in midfield, which i don't think we do).

Ah, but you have to differentiate between types of midfielder. Last season we had no-one that could tackle, pass and carry the ball forward, and the gap between midfield and attack became our main undoing.

We've rectified matters with Yaya, but a little more PL-proven thrust from midfield can hardly do any harm.

If as SSN are saying we have offered £24million and Villa have rejected it then we should move on. He isn't worth Silva's value, or Balotelli's or Y.Toure's.
Ozil - 20 million euro's
Schwienstieger - 15 million euro's
Arteta - £18 million

There are an abundance of good midfielders similar to Milner throughout Europe at a much cheaper price. If we give £30million for Milner we have been taken for absolute MUGZ!!!

Blue Phil said:
If as SSN are saying we have offered £24million and Villa have rejected it then we should move on. He isn't worth Silva's value, or Balotelli's or Y.Toure's.
Ozil - 20 million euro's
Schwienstieger - 15 million euro's
Arteta - £18 million

There are an abundance of good midfielders similar to Milner throughout Europe at a much cheaper price. If we give £30million for Milner we have been taken for absolute MUGZ!!!

I think this is correct. I quite like Milner but 24 or 25m is the limit beyond that we are getting done and we should just shop elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.