Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want him. I want us to sign better players than James "Boring" Milner, Mr. Squarehead. Just another inflated transfer fee for an overrated England international that had a good season for Villa, but can never do it on the international stage, not just in the World Cup but prior to it aswell. I just don't rate the guy, I don't think he'd add much to the team.

alera said:
Run in a straight line 100m in 11 seconds then cant cross the ball or put a decent pass or shot in pretty much sums up english wide players.

Power strength speed, but little technical ability.

Milner is very much along the same lines which is why £25 - £30 million is stupid money for him but there you go.

Someone needs to explain to me why David Villa pretty much the best forward in the world at the moment costs £30 million yet Villa want the same for Milner, never done or acheived anything not 1 / 10 th of the player Villa is.

I must be stupid because I dont get it.

He cost €40 million because Valencia are in serious financial trouble, much worse trouble than we like to think Liverpool and other teams are in. If they ahd similar accounts to Liverpool then they'd have no problem holding onto him and demanding whatever they wanted. No matter how much we tell ourselves Liverpool and Untied are skint, Valencia really are screwed up financially.

Milner was bought for £12m and has been their best player so lets say his value has risen to £18m. That is also taking into consideration his consistently good performances at Leeds and Newcastle. When you see some of the folk on here quoting Ireland to be worth £15m+ then what we're prepared to pay for Milner really isn't that bad. What you get with Milner is a grafter, a decent footballer, a versatile experienced yet young player and a consistent one at that. Compare that to ireland who had one good season and a handful of good games in the other 4 seasons then I'd say Milner is the better player and worth a lot more thsn Ireland is worth.

Blue Phil said:
alera said:
Run in a straight line 100m in 11 seconds then cant cross the ball or put a decent pass or shot in pretty much sums up english wide players.

Power strength speed, but little technical ability.

Milner is very much along the same lines which is why £25 - £30 million is stupid money for him but there you go.

Someone needs to explain to me why David Villa pretty much the best forward in the world at the moment costs £30 million yet Villa want the same for Milner, never done or acheived anything not 1 / 10 th of the player Villa is.

I must be stupid because I dont get it.
Nutshell. TBH, A.J has shown that he has skill, pace, stregnth so if Milner cost £30million A.Js value should seriously be around £40million

If he'd been playing in the Prem for a few years & getting better each season, become an England regular, voted young player of the year & City wanted to sign him, he would cost that much. Ferdinand was £30m all those years ago. It's the premuim for young English Premier League players. The new rules will make it worse if they remain.

Same. You really struggle to find any city fans that think he is a good signing even at £15 million. Personally I dont know anyone that thinks we should sign him.

In the centre is he better than Silva or Ireland ? On the right is he better than SWP or A J.

I honestly dont think so. Pointless signing IMO our squad is that good now we need more than strength and commitment. And before anyone says Tevez he has a hell of a lot more in his locker than hard work as he proved last season and in the world cup.

Anyway cant wait for the season to start season tickets showed today very nice.

C_T_I_D said:
I don't want him. I want us to sign better players than James "Boring" Milner, Mr. Squarehead. Just another inflated transfer fee for an overrated England international that had a good season for Villa, but can never do it on the international stage, not just in the World Cup but prior to it aswell. I just don't rate the guy, I don't think he'd add much to the team.

Dodo.

Am I the only one who wouldn't go over £10,000,000 for him?

I'd rather us keep the money or spend it on someone more worthwhile and leave Aston Villa with an unhappy player to contend with. MON and Villa fans need to realise that it is City in the driving seat, not them.

Milner wants to come to us to increase his chances of winning silverwear with us. They want too much money. We walk away. They are left to pick up the pieces when the transfer he craves does not go through.

alera said:
Same. You really struggle to find any city fans that think he is a good signing even at £15 million. Personally I dont know anyone that thinks we should sign him.

In the centre is he better than Silva or Ireland ? On the right is he better than SWP or A J.

I honestly dont think so. Pointless signing IMO our squad is that good now we need more than strength and commitment. And before anyone says Tevez he has a hell of a lot more in his locker than hard work as he proved last season and in the world cup.

Anyway cant wait for the season to start season tickets showed today very nice.

He is a different kind of player to all of those mentioned which in itself may be the reason for signing him. We haven't really got anyone similar.

Neville Kneville said:
Blue Phil said:
Nutshell. TBH, A.J has shown that he has skill, pace, stregnth so if Milner cost £30million A.Js value should seriously be around £40million

If he'd been playing in the Prem for a few years & getting better each season, become an England regular, voted young player of the year & City wanted to sign him, he would cost that much. Ferdinand was £30m all those years ago. It's the premuim for young English Premier League players. The new rules will make it worse if they remain.
The way you make it sound is that Milner has been stedily getting better each year. TBH i think he was average untill he played CM this year for Villa, let's face it his price has ballooned because of one good season, last summer his value was probably 16 million, A.J has had half a brilliant season so i don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.