Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
whynot? said:
irreverent ad said:
Believe me as a Villa fan who has watched him last season...he is a centre Midfield player. He won PFA Young player of the year due to playing CM.

He is a poor Winger.

i think mancini would play him left wing to cut inside though

Mancini can play him in goal if he wants. But I would think if he is paying £25-£30m for him he will play him in his best position. Which is CM. I think he will replace Barry.

irreverent ad said:
whynot? said:
i think mancini would play him left wing to cut inside though

Mancini can play him in goal if he wants. But I would think if he is paying £25-£30m for him he will play him in his best position. Which is CM. I think he will replace Barry.

o well whenever i saw him for england he was on the wing. i dont really watch villa play, ive always assumed he was a winger. is anyone going to buy barry though? waste of money for anyone really.

whynot? said:
irreverent ad said:

o well whenever i saw him for england he was on the wing. i dont really watch villa play, ive always assumed he was a winger. is anyone going to buy barry though? waste of money for anyone really.

I think a fair few teams would take Barry (Spurs, L'pool, Everton etc). The problem is no team would match the wages he is on.

Neville Kneville said:
alera said:
Same. You really struggle to find any city fans that think he is a good signing even at £15 million. Personally I dont know anyone that thinks we should sign him.

In the centre is he better than Silva or Ireland ? On the right is he better than SWP or A J.

I honestly dont think so. Pointless signing IMO our squad is that good now we need more than strength and commitment. And before anyone says Tevez he has a hell of a lot more in his locker than hard work as he proved last season and in the world cup.

Anyway cant wait for the season to start season tickets showed today very nice.

He is a different kind of player to all of those mentioned which in itself may be the reason for signing him. We haven't really got anyone similar.

this^^^^^^^^^
some of you on here just don't get it do you

stop comparing him to ozil, dejong, ireland, barry etc etc, he is more of a complete midfield player an all rounder effective in all areas of the pitch defensively and offensively, we do not and have not had this type of player in our club for many a year

and milner has a lot more in his locker than hard work and effort check out his assists and goals scored stats if you need convincing about the final 3rd off the pitch up there with gerrards better than both silva and iniesta
also won 81% of tackles made last season that is up there with the best defensive midfield players
and if villa want £30mill and mancini see's him as an integral part of his plans who are we to argue about the cost

big blueballs said:
Neville Kneville said:
He is a different kind of player to all of those mentioned which in itself may be the reason for signing him. We haven't really got anyone similar.

this^^^^^^^^^

stop comparing him to ozil, dejong, ireland, barry etc etc, he is more of a complete midfield player an all rounder effective in all areas of the pitch defensively and offensively, we do not and have not had this type of player in our club for many a year

and milner has a lot more in his locker than hard work and effort check out his assists and goals scored stats if you need convincing about the final 3rd off the pitch up there with gerrards better than both silva and iniesta
also won 81% of tackles made last season that is up there with the best defensive midfield players
and if villa want £30mill and mancini see's him as an integral part of his plans who are we to argue about the cost
fact.

whynot? said:
irreverent ad said:

England play Gerrard on the wing as well because they're fucking stupid.

big blueballs said:
Neville Kneville said:

this^^^^^^^^^

thank fook a few people with sense on here for a change!

crystal_mais said:
I think he will be a quality signing for us..

lets say if Mourinho would have been manager and wanted him, would people still question it..

Yes. Just because we'd have a manager of superior reputation in the game, it wouldn't alter my opinion that James Milner is an average player who had a good season just like Stephen Ireland did in the season of 08/09. Every player is prone to it, remember Jaun Pablo Angel scoring 23 goals for Aston Villa one season and Arsenal were after him? He done it for one season and now he's in America.

I'm sorry but I just don't rate him. If he comes then I'll support him, but I just don't see what anyone sees in him. If he was moving to Spurs / Liverpool then we wouldn't be arsed either way and we wouldn't be throwing our toys out of the pram something stupid would we?

He's a "take him or leave him" player and nothing to get excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.