Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

Freestyler said:
wouldn't exactly be buzzing over this signing if i'm being honest.

plenty better players out their, the only advantage is that he has the experience of the english game.

give me gourcuff or hamsik over him anyday of the week.

I understand where your coming from, however 4 skillful or 4 top International names wont IMO get you to the top. There's has to be that degree of work ethic / adaptability in tactics/ position. I take Darren Fletcher from the rags as a prime example. Maybe James Milner can have a positive influence in a similar way. All about opinions but thats my stance, not the " totally underwhelmed" being used alot by posters on here.

simon23 said:
svennis pennis said:
You are completely correct. Remind me again which of our dominating midfielders scored 12 goals this season and contributed over a dozen assists?

Did they even manage that between them? No.

you miss the point.....we need a dynamic central midfielder i fully agree...milner isnt good enough in that role in my opinon but as alway we will wait and see

I'm dubious about him ability wise (obviously he has plenty, but whether it's enough for a team aiming for the title is my doubt), but he has the perfect mentality and can run all day. I think the success of this signing depends on who else we sign as well. Milner alone i don't think solves our problem of not being able to dominate matches in midfield. We need a couple of players with the technical ability and confidence to really be able to take the ball in any situation, work themselves free and pass forwards. I don't think he provides that, but he does have many other qualities.

BringBackSwales said:
simon23 said:
regardless of the money...milneer is a player we should not even be bothering to look at.

he is not what is required at all and wont improve us.

oh well at least if you are having a pop at Milner you are giving Ibra a rest from your abuse

if either of them sign i wont give either of them abuse...i will however criticise poor performances (which wouldnt be from a lack of endevour on milners part...but possibly from Ibra)

i will also give credit where it is due if they do perform well.....on a regular basis. agaion im more confident that milner can do this but not ibra.....

I just think we can do better than milner......yaya toure and gourcuff would be better options

and i think for the moeny we are going to have to pay for ibra then higuain would be a better option....its a shame we didnt get eto'o last summer before he went to milan but there is no way he will elave there to come to city now.....obviously id rather pay double and get torres but dont think that will happen either
i<br /><br />-- Tue May 18, 2010 11:00 pm --<br /><br />
Uwe's 80s mullet said:
simon23 said:
regardless of the money...milneer is a player we should not even be bothering to look at.

FUCKING HELL. you really are clueless.

key board warriors are out in force i see

you amy not agree with me but at least keep it civil

Our biggest problem last season was a lack of mobility in the middle of the park. Milner will give us that mobility so it is a decent signing because he is better than what we have.

My only issue would be the fee involved, although it doesnt affect us due to our owners very deep pockets I will say that a fee of over £20 million for a barely capped Englishmen is absurd really!

simon23 said:

you_must_be_the_worlds_only_living_brain_donor_tshirt-p235018026554517049qw9y_400.jpg

As long as he isn't looked at as the primary attacking midfielder we desperately crave, I'm ok with this.

Freestyler said:
wouldn't exactly be buzzing over this signing if i'm being honest.

plenty better players out their, the only advantage is that he has the experience of the english game.

give me gourcuff or hamsik over him anyday of the week.

careful

the keyboard warriors will be after you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.