Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
gariah said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
or we could ask for Milner + £20mil for Jo. PMSL

I really dont get why people rate Ireland so highly.

If you'd read my post correctly you'll see it's not that i rate Ireland that highly, but James Milner so lowly.

I'm deeply apologetic if anyone disagrees but James Milner is not worth 20m let alone some bungled deal with Ireland going the other way.

This is the only signing (that looks like it could happen rather than rumour) that has disappointed me during mancini's tenure.
I did read your post correctly. Swapping Milner (young player of the year, and highly versatile) and £8 Million for the joker in our midst is crazy.

MCFCDerek said:
Milner is a dire specimen. What we already have is far superior to him.
They should be paying us in an Ireland, Milner cash deal.

I'm glad to see we are slowly backing away from this one.
ireland has been tried and tested had one good season when robbie fed him. bye to him and welcome to milner.

i8rags said:
MCFCDerek said:

ireland has been tried and tested had one good season when robbie fed him. bye to him and welcome to milner.

Exactly Ireland had his 1 season now let him go. Hugely over rated because of 1 season.

kippax71 said:
i8rags said:

Exactly Ireland had his 1 season now let him go. Hugely over rated because of 1 season.

Well it's not surprising Ireland has only looked class in only one season considering he's only 22/23. Anyway, by that logic Milner must be turd as he has had only one decent season in 8/9 at the top level.

OK, my view on the Milner / ireland debate is the following.

Milner has had one good season, as has Ireland.

The difference comes in their overall contribution to the team in the three areas of the pitch.

Defensively Milner is far more sound, both when tracking back and when his midfield is under the cosh.

Creatively Ireland is a touch 'cuter', but I assumed the reason we bought Silva was to provide 'cuteness'.

Goalscoring and crossing wise, Milner is far infront of Ireland.

Milner can be the player that we hoped Barry would be when we signed him, but which he ceased to be at Villa away. If he can contribute to our team like he did to Villas last year, then he will provide assists, goals and a midfield engine.

Ireland cannot be the player that we would all like him to be, not because he doesn thave the skill, but because he quite simply can't find the right balance between application, mental strength, team contribution & skill.

Everytime we lost last year (Utd home & away, Everton home & away, Hull away & both Spurs games) and even on a lot of teh games we drew, we were completely dominated not by skill, but by hard work. Milner solves this problem in a way that Ireland couldnt.

It's not whether Milner is better than Ireland, it's who is more suited to our style of play, and the answer is not Superman.

Matt Diablo said:
MCFCDerek said:

talkin utter shite

lol. Was going to type a lengthy piece explaining why he was wrong but you summed it up very nicely mate.

MCFCDerek said:

go on then humor me and tell me of these far Superior players compared to milner we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.