Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
YCNMIU said:
OK, my view on the Milner / ireland debate is the following.

Milner has had one good season, as has Ireland.

The difference comes in their overall contribution to the team in the three areas of the pitch.

Defensively Milner is far more sound, both when tracking back and when his midfield is under the cosh.

Creatively Ireland is a touch 'cuter', but I assumed the reason we bought Silva was to provide 'cuteness'.

Goalscoring and crossing wise, Milner is far infront of Ireland.

Milner can be the player that we hoped Barry would be when we signed him, but which he ceased to be at Villa away. If he can contribute to our team like he did to Villas last year, then he will provide assists, goals and a midfield engine.

Ireland cannot be the player that we would all like him to be, not because he doesn thave the skill, but because he quite simply can't find the right balance between application, mental strength, team contribution & skill.

Everytime we lost last year (Utd home & away, Everton home & away, Hull away & both Spurs games) and even on a lot of teh games we drew, we were completely dominated not by skill, but by hard work. Milner solves this problem in a way that Ireland couldnt.

It's not whether Milner is better than Ireland, it's who is more suited to our style of play, and the answer is not Superman.

In a nutshell....spot on, i'll throw in that he is comfortable playing in a number of positions without detrement to his affectivness,whereas Stevie seems to be only to play effectively as AM just behind a striker/strikers

Milner's utter balls at 20m let alone 30m. Praying this one falls through so I can watch Milner slip into mediocrity like so many one season wonders do. He's such a bread and butter player.

Bunk said:
Milner's utter balls at 20m let alone 30m. Praying this one falls through so I can watch Milner slip into mediocrity like so many one season wonders do. He's such a bread and butter player.

And we don't have a player like him, we need him

don't know if this has been mentioned this, seems aiden mcgeedy (sp) is on his way to moscow for talks apparently, who was linked with MON at villa, if he's still interested, can we see the milner deal going through to free up some cash? just a thought .... :s

Sabster said:
Bunk said:

And we don't have a player like him, we need him

Milner's best position is on the wing and we have plenty of vastly superior wingers. If we're looking for our Steven Gerrard then look elsewhere, this guy ain't it.

We need to walk away, this is Lescott part 2. If we're serious about not being ripped off we really need to send out a message by leaving Milner be. If we end up paying £28 million or something ridiculous like 20m + Ireland we will again be ridiculed for having more money than sense and we'll never be able to sign players at a reasonable price.

£30million should be signing a guy who is either 20 and incredible (rooney a few years back,balotelli I hope) or a proven international. Not a hard worker with one good season under his belt and a few caps for an average england team.

Please, please walk away and find an alternative. I think we need someone to help dictate the pace of the game and help us dominate possession in the middle, sick of every midfield getting the better of us last year, including Pompy at home! Not sure Milner has that kind of ability and presence.

stock-photo-money-in-the-form-of-many-zero-value-bills-with-a-leather-briefcase-path-included-31296214.jpg

FFS city walk away from this one there is no value in it.

kippax23 said:
a friend of mine who's a villa fan says the only thing holding this deal up is the amount of pay off superman wants from city
sounds like my mate was right
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/147718/Stephen-Ireland-won-t-take-Aston-Villa-pay-cut/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... a-pay-cut/</a>?

up untill now i was against getting milner, but after seeing the team play in the friendlies, we desperately need him to replace berry. milner will be a driving force, we need his pace, and strength.
this would be our best lineup.

............adebayor?
balotelli...............tevez
..............silva
.....milner........yaya
kolarov..luiz?..kolo..boateng
.............given

or

.............tevez
balotelli.............a.johnson
.............silva
.....milner.........yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.