Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he. Barry had one season left. Milner isn't even half way in his current contract. The fact is that Milner will cost a shed load of money now, and a shed load of money next season. Maybe a bit less then, or maybe more.

Fortunatly though, maybe Liverpool gets taken over, and they might cough up what we want next window. Woy loves his Englishmen.

Neil McNab said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
I'm not too concerned about this deal....I thought Milner was excellent last season but I also thought that about Barry before we bought him. We do need someone like James Milner in our side but I am unconfortable with the thought of paying £20 mill plus player to get him...also its likely this kick starts villa and spurs transfer deals....
Why? Are you not uncomfortable that we spunked £110m on Robinho, Jo, RSC, Kolo, Barry & Ade.
Every one of them bloody useless!
£6m over the odds for a consistent performer is small potatoes!

Yes I am uncomfortable concerning the figures we paid but we were learning in the transfer market...I would not like to see us reliving past mistakes.....you would have us continue to spunk fortunes on possible one season wonders or is it that you agree with Milners valuation at £28-£30 Mill?

Bart said:
Why would he. Barry had one season left. Milner isn't even half way in his current contract. The fact is that Milner will cost a shed load of money now, and a shed load of money next season. Maybe a bit less then, or maybe more.

Fortunatly though, maybe Liverpool gets taken over, and they might cough up what we want next window. Woy loves his Englishmen.

Thought he only had 2 years left, hense villa wanting to get him tied down.

So it is similar to the barry saga with liverpool.

Milner has only 2 years left, so he is halfway through and seems to have little intention of signing another one.

If he remains at Villa and doesnt sign a contract, his value plummets next summer. Added to that he may not have such a good season next year either - maybe he does, maybe he doeasn't but what Villa do know is City will be the highest payer so if they want the cash, then now is the time to cut a deal.

Lee the Blue said:
Milner has only 2 years left, so he is halfway through and seems to have little intention of signing another one.

If he remains at Villa and doesnt sign a contract, his value plummets next summer. Added to that he may not have such a good season next year either - maybe he does, maybe he doeasn't but what Villa do know is City will be the highest payer so if they want the cash, then now is the time to cut a deal.

Maybe Woy at the dippers has expressed an interest?

Maybe Villa are waiting for the Scouse take over to happen so a bidding war begins?

Maybe we should just walk away?

Neil McNab said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
I'm not too concerned about this deal....I thought Milner was excellent last season but I also thought that about Barry before we bought him. We do need someone like James Milner in our side but I am unconfortable with the thought of paying £20 mill plus player to get him...also its likely this kick starts villa and spurs transfer deals....
Why? Are you not uncomfortable that we spunked £110m on Robinho, Jo, RSC, Kolo, Barry & Ade.
Every one of them bloody useless!
£6m over the odds for a consistent performer is small potatoes!
We only paid £2/3 mill too much for Ade and he is one of the best strikers in the league, I think if he plays alot this season everyone will be jumping of him shouting BARGAIN.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 am --<br /><br />
Taylor said:
I hope we do sign Milner as our pre season shows we lack creativity!!!!!!!!!!!
Silva is one of the best creative players in the world, and with him and Yaya Touré in the team we won't have a problem creating in the centre.

If they want anything above £25,000,000 (which is too much as it is) then we should walk away. He's not worth that kind of money and certainly not in excess of it.

As per usual, I cannot wait for this wretched transfer window to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.