Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
cheshireblue said:
Is the 'wow' signing deal dead?

Milner and Balotelli are excellent acquisitions but certainly not 'wow'.

They are not wow. There are still a couple of irons in the fire, but I get the impression we can take it or leave it. Or we've been told nothing doing.

As long as Robinho is on the books, anything is possible in terms of leverage.

Could still mean an exciting period right up to deadline day.

Cheers TH. You're right on Robinho. What a bargaining tool he is if he still wants out.

Theo555 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
Exactly! Every signing we've made in the last 12-18 months has been "wow" to me.
Apart from RSC...

I was quite excited by RSC to be honest, I thought he was the target man we wanted, obviously knew we had been ripped off a bit, but it was before we signed Adebayor and we needed someone with his (still) obvious talents in the air

cheshireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
They are not wow. There are still a couple of irons in the fire, but I get the impression we can take it or leave it. Or we've been told nothing doing.

Cheers TH. You're right on Robinho. What a bargaining tool he is if he still wants out.

Only if we want a Santos player.

cheshireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

What perhaps cannot be discounted now, is Barcelona's new outlook following the Fabregas collapse.

They would certainly take him on loan and Robbie can still be considered a £20m bargaining chip.

This also applies to Inter.

We have previously registered interest in both Maicon and Danny Alves.

All I do know, is the club are very reluctant to sanction another loan deal for a player who they still hold in terms of a saleable asset.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
cheshireblue said:
Is the 'wow' signing deal dead?

Milner and Balotelli are excellent acquisitions but certainly not 'wow'.

I reckon Ballotelli is a WOW signing. Its just because we are ignorant to Italian football nowadays. I personally think it's everybit a WOW signing as Rooney was. The main differance being we are recruiting from the Champs league winners.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
cheshireblue said:

What perhaps cannot be discounted now, is Barcelona's new outlook following the Fabregas collapse.

They would certainly take him on loan and Robbie can still be considered a £20m bargaining chip.

All I do know, is the club are very reluctant to sanction another loan deal for a player who they still hold in terms of a saleable asset.
alves would defo be a wow signing!!! as you say robi now becomes of more interest to barca.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
cheshireblue said:

Alves and Maicon would both be huge wows. Can either play CB!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.