Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
m27 said:
Uber Blue said:
The way I see it Milner is not being brought in to 'win' City games; we have Silva, Johnson, Johnson (if he regains fitness), Tevez, Ade, Bellers (if he stays), Balotelli (if he comes) or another striker if he doesn't. People also have this idea that Yaya is a deep lying destroyer and will remain in a defensive midfield position but there is so much more to his game in an attacking sense.

I personally think Milner is a canny buy and I agree with the OP in that his versatility is his greatest strength. With players around him of the calibre we have Milner will, I think, be able to bring more control to his game. We have other players to 'win' us the match but they need the right players behind them and I think Milner will help them play their game.
Also, with regards to his speed, he's no greyhound but he has greater mobility than De Jong, Barry and possibly Kompany.

Stephen Hawking on a beach has more mobility than Gareth Barry at the moment.

I tell you what, mate.

It's even worse than that. He was so slow running through the cones at the open day yesterday, I actually felt embarrassed for him.

Ricky Holden would have left him for dead.

....and at least Ricky could cross a fooking ball.

I always remember Holden slipping and falling over as he tried to cross! Now that Kolarov he HAS got a cross on him.

Swapping Ireland for Milner disadvantages us in the first place, not a fucking clue why we're paying the best part of £27.5m for him as well.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
m27 said:
Stephen Hawking on a beach has more mobility than Gareth Barry at the moment.

I tell you what, mate.

It's even worse than that. He was so slow running through the cones at the open day yesterday, I actually felt embarrassed for him.

Ricky Holden would have left him for dead.

....and at least Ricky could cross a fooking ball.
I honestly can't see Barry getting much playing time in the prem or Europa this season. I think he'll play in the domestic cup games if he's lucky.

cheshireblue said:
Is the 'wow' signing deal dead?

Milner and Balotelli are excellent acquisitions but certainly not 'wow'.

They are not wow. There are still a couple of irons in the fire, but I get the impression we can take it or leave it. Or we've been told nothing doing.

As long as Robinho is on the books, anything is possible in terms of leverage.

Could still mean an exciting period right up to deadline day.

california blue said:
they are WOW compared to Ged Brannan - get some perspective!!

I know that CB and I'm more than happy with who Mancini has brought it. Ecstatic infact.

I just thought the ITKs maybe had people hanging on with the use of the words 'wow' and 'superstar'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.