Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the talisman said:
Marvin said:
I watched your friendly v Valencia and Albrighton was very good. Ashley Young is a great crosser of the ball as well. Points taken.

I don't think City fans expect Milner to unlock defences with a flick or a little through ball. We've got other players to do that. It's about getting the mix right

I agree City may struggle to get the best of the players, but I would expect Milner to settle in quicker than the foreign buys. If Mancini is smart about things he wont play all the new signings straight away.

Given the number of buys I am not expecting City to be top 6 this season, and I agree Mancini may pay the price for buying so many players. The trouble is UEFA's new financial regulations forced our hand.

Good points, but I think the new signings will do well, and may surprise a few people.

Interesting that when Mancini was asked at the press conference what they would bring to the team, he highlighted their physical strength. Yaya, kolarov and Boateng should thrive in the premier league.

Silva looks lightweight, but so does Modric, and he should have enough strong players around him to show his skills.

I'm sure we'll be a lot stronger than last season, and the bookies agree with me.

Come on you blues!

milner as i see is not a traditional winger where most of us are positioning in our squads , he is a box to box MF , but assuming that there is a lot of competition in those places , preferably yaya and de jong will be holding the line in MF so he again comes to the right side of the MF , for which i do not see him whipping in crosses for headers , at the best he would engage the LB of the other team and do a one-two and cut in and try to give a sweeping low lying pass hoping someone get their foot to the end.But it doesnt matter as our forwards ade and tevez didnt score that much last season with headers , probably reflecting no good crosser from the wings but the arrival of ballo would require a good crosser from the right , if he is holding the line up front.So the best position for him would be to start in left , where any shortcomings of crossing could be covered by kolarov who could play down the flank till end and johnson on the right who can then cut in like robben and give decent crosses in.Silva could be played as a feeder behind the lone striker.It would be interesting to see how mancini sets milner , probably he has thought of him as a driving player cutting from the right flank rather than a crosser , but i doubt he has the pace to do that .Ashley young could be better prospect at this position.

Cheers TH. You're right on Robinho. What a bargaining tool he is if he still wants out.

Edited it should read

Cheers TH. You're right on Robinho. What a tool he is if he still wants out.

Cobwebcat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
What perhaps cannot be discounted now, is Barcelona's new outlook following the Fabregas collapse.

They would certainly take him on loan and Robbie can still be considered a £20m bargaining chip.

This also applies to Inter.

We have previously registered interest in both Maicon and Danny Alves.

All I do know, is the club are very reluctant to sanction another loan deal for a player who they still hold in terms of a saleable asset.

Alves and Maicon would both be huge wows. Can either play CB!?
No, but signing a right back would mean we can play Boateng in his best position....

Cobwebcat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
What perhaps cannot be discounted now, is Barcelona's new outlook following the Fabregas collapse.

They would certainly take him on loan and Robbie can still be considered a £20m bargaining chip.

This also applies to Inter.

We have previously registered interest in both Maicon and Danny Alves.

All I do know, is the club are very reluctant to sanction another loan deal for a player who they still hold in terms of a saleable asset.

No, but think we'll find Boateng certainly can, at some stage...

What odds Milner being announced and introduced on the pitch tonight?

Would be nice ;-)

Rammyblues said:
Salivates at the prospect

Maicon Boetang Toure Kolorov

Yaya

I'd take Kolo out of that equation, mate?

Boateng is naturally right-sided. But he proved at World Cup he is decent on the left.

I would place him in the left CB role and Kompany alongside.

But then we are basically talking a new 1 to 11, aside from a couple.

That's fine by me, because our buying policy under Hughes set us back 12 months in terms of progression.

I would rather we were eventually on the right track in terms of personnel, rather than kid ourselves some players are better than they actually are just because of high price tags.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cobwebcat said:

No, but think we'll find Boateng certainly can, at some stage...

And Kolarov has been known to as well of course.

Flexibility is the key!

THD, have you heard about the rumoured £32,000,000 late bid by the rags to get Milner? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.