Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word that comes to mind with Milner is industry. He is a real worker, but he’s also got quick feet and an eye for goal too. He’s not blessed with a lot of pace and his crossing is poor, so I don’t see him being used as a winger. He has got room to get better, just how much better is down to him.

I certainly think he’ll improve you; he’s a good all rounder and much more mobile than Barry or Vierra, although they're not strictly the same type of player.

Dodds82 said:
The word that comes to mind with Milner is industry. He is a real worker, but he’s also got quick feet and an eye for goal too. He’s not blessed with a lot of pace and his crossing is poor, so I don’t see him being used as a winger. He has got room to get better, just how much better is down to him.

I certainly think he’ll improve you; he’s a good all rounder and much more mobile than Barry or Vierra, although they're not strictly the same type of player.

Cheers. Sounds like you're getting the better deal.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:52 pm --<br /><br />Milner just been shown on SSN leaving the Villa training complex... Could he be on his way to Manchester? Hummmm.

Mmmmm not sure what to make of it TBH. Amazed Stevie would agree to go to a club without a manager selling their best players.

A loan yes I could see that, he plays well, it goes pair shaped at Villa this season he has made it easier to get the sort of move he wants.

Also from the get go even with MON in charge he seemed very unimpressed with the idea of going to Villa. He basically said in an interview, on more than one occasion he knew VIlla and Sunderland were interested in him and he really didnt want to consider transfers to those sort of clubs.

I guess we will find out over the next couple of days. Milner cant play for VIlla again that much is certain, the fans are definately going to end up blaming him for MON leaving...

SI's Bald Head said:
just been on ssn leaving aston villa training ground about an hour ago - didn't look like he was heading to manchester to me.............

Lol, how the fuck can you tell that? He was sat in his car not moving! We'll know in about 2 hours then wont we, if Sky show him arriving at City.

SI's Bald Head said:
just been on ssn leaving aston villa training ground about an hour ago - didn't look like he was heading to manchester to me.............
Why were people expecting him to be heading to Manchester today?

not my fault! said:
SI's Bald Head said:

Lol, how the fuck can you tell that? He was sat in his car not moving! We'll know in about 2 hours then wont we, if Sky show him arriving at City.

He was programming his tom tom.:)

Tricky_Trev said:
SI's Bald Head said:
Why were people expecting him to be heading to Manchester today?

A few of their ITK's saying Ireland is currently having a medical so you would assume Milner was on his way to City. In fact one said he would be coming up after training today so you never know.

not my fault! said:
SI's Bald Head said:

If a deal had been agreed and i was leaving one club and going to a new one for my medical i wouldn't spend 5 minutes at the entrance of the training ground having photos taken with the clubs fans, i'd be fast tracking it to manchester to get the formalities sorted out so i could make my debut on Saturday - but it was only my opinion ffs

I cant see this deal happening before the weekend games TBH.

We seem to have sorted out the deal with Villa cash wise and Stevie going the other way.

It seems clear he is not convinced on a permanent move there with the current situation (no manager) plus rumoured interest from Spuds (Although I dont believe we would let him go there) It also seems like there are issues with Villa not wanting to pay his current wages and us (rightly) unwilling to give him a pay off to cover this.

I still think he would rather stay in the Northwest and hold out for a move to Liverpool personally or another big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.